• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A quick 'Thanks' - Proactive Shooters

Blk97F150

Just a quick 'Thanks' to Jim and Proactive Shooters. On Saturday I took my oldest son and one of my nephews to the Firearms Safety Course in Chantilly. Jim was well prepared and did a very good job presenting the material. The class was light hearted at times, yet serious when it needed to be. The documentation packet that was given to participants was very well laid out, and professional looking. Kudos. I have already reccomended Proactive to a couple other people.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just a quick 'Thanks' to Jim and Proactive Shooters. On Saturday I took my oldest son and one of my nephews to the Firearms Safety Course in Chantilly. Jim was well prepared and did a very good job presenting the material. The class was light hearted at times, yet serious when it needed to be. The documentation packet that was given to participants was very well laid out, and professional looking. Kudos. I have already reccomended Proactive to a couple other people.

Jim gives one of the better classes in Virginia.
When I talk to people who are new to firearms and want to take a CHP class, I always recommend him.

I took the class when my wife wanted a CHP. I neither needed a class to get a CHP nor do I have any intention of getting a CHP...but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very thorough and and as you noted, his printed material is top drawer.

Take all that and add a man that is a solid OC'er as well and you have something to be proud of. I don't know any other CHP instructors that can make that claim.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Based upon his postings here, my intaraction with him in person and my wife's impression of his instruction I recommend the trip to Richmond to see ProShooter to anyone I meet that's looking for CHP or basic shooting training.

Blk97F150

Jim gives one of the better classes in Virginia.
When I talk to people who are new to firearms and want to take a CHP class, I always recommend him.

I took the class when my wife wanted a CHP. I neither needed a class to get a CHP nor do I have any intention of getting a CHP...but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very thorough and and as you noted, his printed material is top drawer.

Take all that and add a man that is a solid OC'er as well and you have something to be proud of. I don't know any other CHP instructors that can make that claim.

I've had my CHP for a while now, and have had a considerable amount of firearms experience even before then. I attended mainly to accompany my son and nephew (although safety reminders are always a good thing regardless of experience level!). My son has limited experience... this was a good refresher for him, and most of the material was completely new to my nephew. I have encouraged both young men to pursue further classes.... through Proactive if the scheduling works out that way for them.