Thread: Another of my situational questions...here goes...

Another of my situational questions...here goes...

Im a ham radio operator in Columbia county...part of the ARES (amateur radio emergency services) group. As a group, the Sheriffs dept gave us an emergency communications truck(an old military ambulance style box truck). The sheriffs dept has our group do overnight security at the Columbia county fair. We make the rounds checking for carnies, and escaped show pigs..both of which arent uncommon... Im just wondering if the box end of our em/com truck is 'safe' for me to sit in...while armed of course..

IANAL and this is just my humble opinion, in the strictest sense of 167.31, no, you are not safe.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I would have to agree. Unless you are a peace officer acting in an official capacity you would be going armed in a vehicle. That is a dangerous proposition, even if you are there as a courtesy to local law enforcement.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

GREAT MOOGELIE GOOOGELIE!

Are you suggesting the carnies might escape to wander about freely at night????

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    GREAT MOOGELIE GOOOGELIE!

Are you suggesting the carnies might escape to wander about freely at night????

This has be worried.... carnies wandering in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    This has be worried.... carnies wandering in the dark.
    Carnies scare me so bad..I don't go to fairs anymore

Hey what Freq's does the ARES network operate on ? I have a pretty rad police scanner & I am a Shortwave DXer..
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Carnies scare me so bad...
    Carnies, phfft . Carnies got nothing on clowns
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Our ARES group in Columbia county uses the 147.015 repeater...each group has its own repeater that they use...
    Yes, the carnies do sometimes get out...several years ago one got in some trouble for stabbing one of hte 4H pigs...and 2 yrs ago a couple of carnies were 'caught' in a bathroom doing things i dont want to imagine...
    I kinda figured on it being a vehicle, it was off limits..but given that it serves dual purpose, back is full of radio equipment...Then we also have use of the Sheriffs dept emergency trailer...not sure how that would fit into any scenerio...

Im not sure whats worse...carnies or clowns...both are bad...