• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another of my situational questions...here goes...

GlockRDH

Im a ham radio operator in Columbia county...part of the ARES (amateur radio emergency services) group. As a group, the Sheriffs dept gave us an emergency communications truck(an old military ambulance style box truck). The sheriffs dept has our group do overnight security at the Columbia county fair. We make the rounds checking for carnies, and escaped show pigs..both of which arent uncommon... Im just wondering if the box end of our em/com truck is 'safe' for me to sit in...while armed of course..

protias

IANAL and this is just my humble opinion, in the strictest sense of 167.31, no, you are not safe.

CalicoJack10

I would have to agree. Unless you are a peace officer acting in an official capacity you would be going armed in a vehicle. That is a dangerous proposition, even if you are there as a courtesy to local law enforcement.

HandyHamlet

GREAT MOOGELIE GOOOGELIE!

Are you suggesting the carnies might escape to wander about freely at night????

:uhoh:

XDFDE45

Carnies scare me so bad...
Carnies, phfft :p. Carnies got nothing on clowns
fd92e6959ea6409c

GlockRDH

Our ARES group in Columbia county uses the 147.015 repeater...each group has its own repeater that they use...
Yes, the carnies do sometimes get out...several years ago one got in some trouble for stabbing one of hte 4H pigs...and 2 yrs ago a couple of carnies were 'caught' in a bathroom doing things i dont want to imagine...
I kinda figured on it being a vehicle, it was off limits..but given that it serves dual purpose, back is full of radio equipment...Then we also have use of the Sheriffs dept emergency trailer...not sure how that would fit into any scenerio...

Im not sure whats worse...carnies or clowns...both are bad...