Thread: Brady Group ad to ban extended magazines

Brady Group ad to ban extended magazines

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/bra...bout-magazines

Can't even get the proper term right, it's a magazine, not a clip. Thoughts anyone?
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Typical of them to try and cash in on a tragedy, again . It will get lots of press but no traction in Congress IMO.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

They think if they can associate them with an attack "Assault" then they will gain footing and people will see that they are bad. And they associate them with gang violence by using the word "Clips" because that often conjures up thoughts of some guy in a doo rag driving by your home and shooting off a million rounds like in "Boys in the Hood".

I am actually working on a series of video's that will combat everything that they (The anti Gunners) will come up with. Now if I could only find a glock with 3 10 rounders, 3 high caps, and a 30 rounder. lol

I am trying to get firearms manufacturers to sponsor the video's, so maybe I can get what I need from them. Who knows............

I can use the shock factor too, and I am sure the video's will have the Antis all over me in a heart beat.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 04-18-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

My thought's ?? They are gun grabbing MORON'S...but this time they will get no where on this...Thank God ! too close to elections in 2012 the GOP & most democrats won't even think about peeing off the Gun Owners...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I'm still confused as to what an assault clip is.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I'm still confused as to what an assault clip is.
    Maybe it's the pace that is faster than a "double time march"!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Maybe it's the pace that is faster than a "double time march"!
    that's easy...it's the 8 round clip that M-1 Garands used I agree those should be banned...they are dangerous, you can get your fingers pinched in the bolt
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 04-18-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Saw in another thread on this forum what I thought was a good idea. The thread talked about the relatively low membership in the org. versus the amount of stink they put out (with the help of the hoplophobic media.)

I have decided to write the newspaper every time they mention Brady in an article and ask the editors how they can continue to print statements or run ads from a RADICAL, FRINGE GROUP. I think if every time they comment, every time they show up, we just dismiss them as a RADICAL, FRINGE, GROUP then ignore them.

I think we have more members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League than Brady has nationally.

My 2 fiat cents.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 04-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.

assault clip? Do they mean ' A salt clip'? you know, like a clothespin on a bag of salt to keep it from spilling?

Like I have said many times before, "they have a lot of sick puppies in that camp"!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    that's easy...it's the 8 round clip that M-1 Garands used I agree those should be banned...they are dangerous, you can get your fingers pinched in the bolt
    Even I don't like those, and I will load 30 rounds into my M4 magazine off the stripper clip by hand without the speed loader.

Money. They get money to produce stuff like that from their supporters.

The silhouette being shot is a little girl-they've stooped lower than I thought they could reach. The rest of the sils. are representing professionals?

Clips, magazines, they don't care what the correct terminology is and neither do their supporters.

What is considered high-cap anyway? More than 6? 10?

McX
    Red Lectroids from the 8th Dimension!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOv73w_3k0I

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog251 View Post
    Money. They get money to produce stuff like that from their supporters.

The silhouette being shot is a little girl-they've stooped lower than I thought they could reach. The rest of the sils. are representing professionals?

Clips, magazines, they don't care what the correct terminology is and neither do their supporters.

What is considered high-cap anyway? More than 6? 10?
    Ultimately, more than 0.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Red Lectroids from the 8th Dimension!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOv73w_3k0I
    You Sir have my vote for President.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    we should get back to topic. yeah i oppose them extended magazines too. if i go to the doctor's office i can never finish National Geographic before i'm called.

I guess they never saw the video of the guy changing standard magazines in less than 1/2 second. Doesn't really matter though. They always ride the wave of emotion not common sense. Saw an interview with ma and pa brady on the 30th anniversary of Reagan getting shot. They said that they were not done until "all guns are banned". You can bet they will try to capatalize on any opportunity to effect that goal. You can't fix stupid.