• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Group ad to ban extended magazines

CalicoJack10

They think if they can associate them with an attack "Assault" then they will gain footing and people will see that they are bad. And they associate them with gang violence by using the word "Clips" because that often conjures up thoughts of some guy in a doo rag driving by your home and shooting off a million rounds like in "Boys in the Hood".

I am actually working on a series of video's that will combat everything that they (The anti Gunners) will come up with. Now if I could only find a glock with 3 10 rounders, 3 high caps, and a 30 rounder. lol

I am trying to get firearms manufacturers to sponsor the video's, so maybe I can get what I need from them. Who knows............

I can use the shock factor too, and I am sure the video's will have the Antis all over me in a heart beat.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
My thought's ?? They are gun grabbing MORON'S...but this time they will get no where on this...Thank God ! too close to elections in 2012 the GOP & most democrats won't even think about peeing off the Gun Owners...

riverrat10k

Saw in another thread on this forum what I thought was a good idea. The thread talked about the relatively low membership in the org. versus the amount of stink they put out (with the help of the hoplophobic media.)

I have decided to write the newspaper every time they mention Brady in an article and ask the editors how they can continue to print statements or run ads from a RADICAL, FRINGE GROUP. I think if every time they comment, every time they show up, we just dismiss them as a RADICAL, FRINGE, GROUP then ignore them.

I think we have more members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League than Brady has nationally.

My 2 fiat cents.

Last edited:

bluehighways

assault clip? Do they mean ' A salt clip'? you know, like a clothespin on a bag of salt to keep it from spilling?

nevinsb

that's easy...it's the 8 round clip that M-1 Garands used :) I agree those should be banned...they are dangerous, you can get your fingers pinched in the bolt :)

Even I don't like those, and I will load 30 rounds into my M4 magazine off the stripper clip by hand without the speed loader.

sheepdog251

Money. They get money to produce stuff like that from their supporters.

The silhouette being shot is a little girl-they've stooped lower than I thought they could reach. The rest of the sils. are representing professionals?

Clips, magazines, they don't care what the correct terminology is and neither do their supporters.

What is considered high-cap anyway? More than 6? 10?

protias

Money. They get money to produce stuff like that from their supporters.

The silhouette being shot is a little girl-they've stooped lower than I thought they could reach. The rest of the sils. are representing professionals?

Clips, magazines, they don't care what the correct terminology is and neither do their supporters.

What is considered high-cap anyway? More than 6? 10?
Ultimately, more than 0.

M

McX

we should get back to topic. yeah i oppose them extended magazines too. if i go to the doctor's office i can never finish National Geographic before i'm called.

Captain Nemo

I guess they never saw the video of the guy changing standard magazines in less than 1/2 second. Doesn't really matter though. They always ride the wave of emotion not common sense. Saw an interview with ma and pa brady on the 30th anniversary of Reagan getting shot. They said that they were not done until "all guns are banned". You can bet they will try to capatalize on any opportunity to effect that goal. You can't fix stupid.