Thread: Aliens gun too dangerous for Queensland, say cops

Sulphur, Louisiana, USA

Post Aliens gun too dangerous for Queensland, say cops

snippet--->The tribunal heard Mr Beckett purchased three model guns, replicated from the 1986 movie Aliens, and when two of the guns arrived in Queensland Australian Customs issued a seizure notice stating the guns were prohibited items.

Granite State of Mind
    Ripley's Believe It or Not? *ba-rum-pump*rimshot*

I come from a land downunder.
    Yep, some customs officers down under are about as much use as a fart in a thunderstorm!!
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Up Nort' Wi
    But, but, but....they *look* like a real gun! With hollow barrels and everything. Think of the massive damage this guy could do if they allowed these into the country, he could scare people...oh, the humanity!

They look as much like a real functioning weapon as Dennis Rodman looks like a real woman.

I suppose in a pinch they could be used as clubs.

Jeez, after reading that story (and the comments) I really feel sorry for those of you over there that actually have common sense. I know I'd be moving somewhere more freedom China.
    Last edited by Wolf1477; 04-21-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Blue River, Wisconsin, USA
    I wonder if those police officers were transplants from Los Angeles...or do we get out officers from Queenslalnd...its so hard to tell now a days. It's sad to see that politics controls so much of policework, never mind common sense, do what is politically correct no matter how stupid it is. Most every police officer I have had dealing with are pretty squared away but if they love the taste of brown and don't mind puckering up they get promoted no matter what their qualifications are.