• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only in NYC

Bill Starks

State Researcher
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._2nd_hero_joined_cop_in_bklyn_gun_battle.html

A school safety agent grabbed the gun from a wounded cop and exchanged fire with thieves trying to rob a Brooklyn auto parts store Saturday, law enforcement sources said.

Investigators believe Presley fired his weapon seven times before the school safety agent squeezed off nine shots, a source said. The robbers fired a total of six times. The agent, who is not licensed to carry a gun, could face charges, sources said. Two of the robbers were wounded in the gun battle.

jt59

I'm at a loss for words. How the **** could they possible charge this guy??? He probably saved that cop's life!

I expect the soft ground is here....

"The unidentified school safety agent grabbed the Glock that Presley dropped when he was shot, sources said, and chased the five bandits, firing back after at least one robber shot at him."

...and the PA argument that the immediate threat disappeared, when the robbers fled. I can't imagine how they'll figure out who fired first while they were running...the safety agent or the thug robbers.

....not that it matters a lot.

Last edited:

DCKilla

He was only doing what the police officer would have done if able. Of course, that is my opinion.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A school safety agent who grabbed a gun from a wounded cop and fired at thieves in Brooklyn will not be charged, authorities said Monday.
The Brooklyn district attorney's office said Monday that Pitts was in the clear.

in the clear

amlevin

that the kind of headline I would expect from Cali, or Illinois, not NY.

Actually, I would expect this from NY. Wonder how many citizens over the years have defended themselves only to be charged with illegal weapon possession after the fact?

It's not just NY's gun laws that suck. When I passed through NY while in the Army I was very fortunate. I didn't loose anything there that would encourage me to ever return.

Tawnos

This very well could be the reporter's bias. Nothing is indicated that he has or even will been charged, but that he "may" be charged.

Bucks Gun Shop

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There really is no cure for stupidity....

Last edited:

amlevin

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There really is no cure for stupidity....

Sometimes one of these cures it.

bullet.jpg