Thread: Armed robbery at donut shop...The robber's gun had the slide racked back

Armed robbery at donut shop...The robber's gun had the slide racked back

Am I crazy or did this armed robber have a clearly empty gun with the slide racked back? I guess when your life is in danger like that you may not notice that, but it looks like the guy should have taken him.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/robb...ttles-of-soap/

nerveracking

Boy it sure does look like it's racked back. Especially in the part of the video where he has it to the back of the guys head.

I am not aware of any autoloader where the slide sits that far back when it's not racked.

hindsight is always 20 20 but it's looks like there was a perfect opportunity at one point to bash the ahole in the face with the jug or tackle him
    Preferred weapon is a GBU-10 PavewayII but it's a little heavy for me
    For OC I have a Beretta 90-two Italian 9mm. Mi piace molto
    Beretta pre warnings 92fs stainless steel Italian 9mm
    Beretta 92fs compact USA 9mm
    Beretta Cougar 8000 9mm
    For fun it's an LMT AR-15 w/defender 2000 lower and a slide fire stock

Yeah it does look like the idiot had the slide back. That's not to say there wasn't a magazine inserted, but it does look like it's back.

Idiot.

Doesn't it also look like the face of the robber has been darkened out, almost blurred? You should see some features, white or black skinned.

I would agree the slide looks like it is in the rearward position. Perhaps the Robber was utilizing the rearward slide as another safety? Perhaps he was afraid of an itchy trigger finger? Or...perhaps he was a numb nutts and learned about guns from Miami Vice and New Jack City.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

That slide was definitely locked back. Either the robber was a complete idiot or... no, I'm going with he's a complete idiot.
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Kivuli View Post
    That slide was definitely locked back. Either the robber was a complete idiot or... no, I'm going with he's a complete idiot.
    +1
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

He probably went in there knowing he didnt have ammo but just wanted to scare the guy. He then tried to act like he was loading it and racked the slide back only to not realize the empty clip holds the slide back. Thats my opinion anyways. I showed my mom this and it gave me a good chance to show her more about how a gun works so she will understand what is going on with the gun if she ever used it.

You can see the barrel protruding and the open breach hole. It's locked back.

What a dumbass. I mean the guy who was held-up. Really? You don't know the gun is empty? You're taking orders from that guy? Maybe he didn't get a look, but jeez. I wonder who the dumber one is...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kivuli View Post
    Given that it worked and he was able to rob someone with the slide back like that, there's an even more complete idiot than the criminal.

I guess if the guy didn't have any experience with weapons he wouldn't have know it was locked back. I would of put a beat down on that guy or tried.

Quote Originally Posted by bwhunter65 View Post
    I guess if the guy didn't have any experience with weapons he wouldn't have known it was locked back. I would of put a beat down on that guy or tried.
    or or or......calmy drawn YOUR pistol and put 2 to the body, 1 to the head. End of story.

well,,,

is it actually possible, that the BG was soooo dumb,
    that he really did NOT know, that he had NO ammo?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Given that it worked and he was able to rob someone with the slide back like that, there's an even more complete idiot than the criminal.
    I feel morally obligated to give the donut guy benefit of the doubt that he didn't know how a gun works, and that he just saw what was obviously a gun obviously pointed at him.
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats

Cool

Isn't Monday Morn Quarter-Backing fun?

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by razor_baghdad View Post
    or or or......calmy drawn YOUR pistol and put 2 to the body, 1 to the head. End of story.
    Well said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

That just makes me feel bad cause I'm from San Diego...

Note to self: make sure my slide isn't locked back the next time I.....

go fishing.

These are hard times were living in.

The guy robbing the place even took the change it says

I have a feeling he wasn't there to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by razor_baghdad View Post
    I prefer the pelvis over the head- you can live thru both, but if your pelvis is shattered no matter what drugs you are on you will not get back up....and if you do not die, odds are you will never walk right again anyway....

i prefer chest -> pelvis
    "American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants, are less than 100m from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when, or how, they will strike next. Seems like the black hearted devils are everywhere...." Found in the diary of a German Officer who opposed the 504 PIR on the Anzio beachhead in WWII

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Isn't Monday Morn Quarter-Backing fun?
    Haha! If I start pointing my pistol at random people, with the slide locked back, they're probably all going to run.

There are PLENTY of people out there who don't know the first thing about firearms. This isn't very surprising to me.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.