• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed robbery at donut shop...The robber's gun had the slide racked back

bajadudes

nerveracking

Boy it sure does look like it's racked back. Especially in the part of the video where he has it to the back of the guys head.

I am not aware of any autoloader where the slide sits that far back when it's not racked.

hindsight is always 20 20 but it's looks like there was a perfect opportunity at one point to bash the ahole in the face with the jug or tackle him

rotorhead

Yeah it does look like the idiot had the slide back. That's not to say there wasn't a magazine inserted, but it does look like it's back.

Idiot.

Northerner

Doesn't it also look like the face of the robber has been darkened out, almost blurred? You should see some features, white or black skinned.

I would agree the slide looks like it is in the rearward position. Perhaps the Robber was utilizing the rearward slide as another safety? Perhaps he was afraid of an itchy trigger finger? Or...perhaps he was a numb nutts and learned about guns from Miami Vice and New Jack City.

Kivuli

That slide was definitely locked back. Either the robber was a complete idiot or... no, I'm going with he's a complete idiot.

kcGlock19

He probably went in there knowing he didnt have ammo but just wanted to scare the guy. He then tried to act like he was loading it and racked the slide back only to not realize the empty clip holds the slide back. Thats my opinion anyways. I showed my mom this and it gave me a good chance to show her more about how a gun works so she will understand what is going on with the gun if she ever used it.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You can see the barrel protruding and the open breach hole. It's locked back.

What a dumbass. I mean the guy who was held-up. Really? You don't know the gun is empty? You're taking orders from that guy? Maybe he didn't get a look, but jeez. I wonder who the dumber one is...

Aknazer

That slide was definitely locked back. Either the robber was a complete idiot or... no, I'm going with he's a complete idiot.
Given that it worked and he was able to rob someone with the slide back like that, there's an even more complete idiot than the criminal.

Kivuli

Given that it worked and he was able to rob someone with the slide back like that, there's an even more complete idiot than the criminal.

I feel morally obligated to give the donut guy benefit of the doubt that he didn't know how a gun works, and that he just saw what was obviously a gun obviously pointed at him.

CarryHard

These are hard times were living in.

The guy robbing the place even took the change it says

I have a feeling he wasn't there to kill anyone.

VetteFreakC5

or or or......calmy drawn YOUR pistol and put 2 to the body, 1 to the head. End of story.

I prefer the pelvis over the head- you can live thru both, but if your pelvis is shattered no matter what drugs you are on you will not get back up....and if you do not die, odds are you will never walk right again anyway....

i prefer chest -> pelvis

Claytron

You can see the barrel protruding and the open breach hole. It's locked back.

What a dumbass. I mean the guy who was held-up. Really? You don't know the gun is empty? You're taking orders from that guy? Maybe he didn't get a look, but jeez. I wonder who the dumber one is...

it only takes a split second to hit the slide lever and chamber a round, not sure id want to take that chance

Smith45acp

Isn't Monday Morn Quarter-Backing fun?

Haha! If I start pointing my pistol at random people, with the slide locked back, they're probably all going to run.

There are PLENTY of people out there who don't know the first thing about firearms. This isn't very surprising to me.