Thread: Gun fired in elementary school lunchroom, Texas

Gun fired in elementary school lunchroom, Texas

I look forward to the investigation detailing where and how this kid got ahold of a loaded gun.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8081909

The only good gun control....controlling who has access to your firearms, especially children. Hopefully someone will learn a lesson and thank goodness none of the kids were seriously injured. I started shooting guns when I was young but always had good supervision.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 04-19-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Typo
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    The only good gun control....controlling who has access to your firearms, especially children. Hopefully someone will learn a lesson and thank goodness none of the kids were seriously injured. I started shooting guns when I was young but always had good supervision.
    If the kid took a loaded gun from adults then I don't think this will rattle them. Something responsible parents learn early, and mostly know by time they decide to be parents is that curious kids and dangerous items donít mix.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I started shooting when I was nine (hence my username), but I often didn't have good supervision. What I did have, however, was enough common sense not to touch, much less load, the firearms to which I had unsupervised access.

I corrected that generational issue with my own son.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

In the Seattle area there is a radio personality that is always making reference to "those who keep their gun in the underwear drawer". All to many otherwise responsible gun owners leave them where their kids can get them. There is also a good number within that group that don't have a clue what their kids are doing at any given time.

This is the result.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Banned
    This is also a result of parents that dont teach the kids about guns. You cant teach gun safety if you dont teach them about guns. When I was 14 or so, I had a gun I shouldnt have, and had an accidental discharge that missed my left knee by a couple inches, and hith the kitchen wall. I had also removed the powder from 2 bullets, and put it into one, to get a better kick. Now that I have a little experience with reloading, I know that I'm lucky that I didnt injure myself by blowing up the gun.

Gun control kills kids.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    This is also a result of parents that dont teach the kids about guns. You cant teach gun safety if you dont teach them about guns. When I was 14 or so, I had a gun I shouldnt have, and had an accidental discharge that missed my left knee by a couple inches, and hith the kitchen wall. I had also removed the powder from 2 bullets, and put it into one, to get a better kick. Now that I have a little experience with reloading, I know that I'm lucky that I didnt injure myself by blowing up the gun.

Gun control kills kids.
    There's wisdom in those words.