• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun fired in elementary school lunchroom, Texas

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The only good gun control....controlling who has access to your firearms, especially children. Hopefully someone will learn a lesson and thank goodness none of the kids were seriously injured. I started shooting guns when I was young but always had good supervision.

Last edited:

jbone

The only good gun control....controlling who has access to your firearms, especially children. Hopefully someone will learn a lesson and thank goodness none of the kids were seriously injured. I started shooting guns when I was young but always had good supervision.

If the kid took a loaded gun from adults then I don't think this will rattle them. Something responsible parents learn early, and mostly know by time they decide to be parents is that curious kids and dangerous items don’t mix.

since9

Campaign Veteran

I started shooting when I was nine (hence my username), but I often didn't have good supervision. What I did have, however, was enough common sense not to touch, much less load, the firearms to which I had unsupervised access.

I corrected that generational issue with my own son.

amlevin

In the Seattle area there is a radio personality that is always making reference to "those who keep their gun in the underwear drawer". All to many otherwise responsible gun owners leave them where their kids can get them. There is also a good number within that group that don't have a clue what their kids are doing at any given time.

This is the result.

stainless1911

Banned
This is also a result of parents that dont teach the kids about guns. You cant teach gun safety if you dont teach them about guns. When I was 14 or so, I had a gun I shouldnt have, and had an accidental discharge that missed my left knee by a couple inches, and hith the kitchen wall. I had also removed the powder from 2 bullets, and put it into one, to get a better kick. Now that I have a little experience with reloading, I know that I'm lucky that I didnt injure myself by blowing up the gun.

Gun control kills kids.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is also a result of parents that dont teach the kids about guns. You cant teach gun safety if you dont teach them about guns. When I was 14 or so, I had a gun I shouldnt have, and had an accidental discharge that missed my left knee by a couple inches, and hith the kitchen wall. I had also removed the powder from 2 bullets, and put it into one, to get a better kick. Now that I have a little experience with reloading, I know that I'm lucky that I didnt injure myself by blowing up the gun.

Gun control kills kids.

There's wisdom in those words.