• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Area Self Defense Shooting Attorneys

Bucks Gun Shop

Gang:

It is often recommended that individuals who carry should have a relationship with an Attorney prior to any shooting incident. I have had several customers ask me if I knew of any in the Seattle area that they could contact. If any of you are familiar with any Attorney's that specialize in this area of law that you could recommend I would greatly appreciate it. You can feel free to email me at Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com rather than publically post if you are more comfortable with that.

Thanks.

samaloney2006

I am surprised you didn't check out or didn't know about the Armed Citizen's Self defense Network. Contact Marty or Gila Hayes at the Firearms Academy of Seattle. Terrific organization. 360 978 5200. Theyrae out of Centraiia.

Bucks Gun Shop

Sama:

I am aware and did check them out... Always looking for input... I did not however call Marty and Gila... I will do so...

Thanks....

jt59

Sama:

I am aware and did check them out... Always looking for input... I did not however call Marty and Gila... I will do so...

Thanks....

I think their scope of practice is limited to "after" a shoot occurs, not the run of the mill constitutional violations of rights.

......but I could be wrong.

oldkim

+1 for Armed Citizens Network

Correct... the focus is for shooting defenses.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Do You Worry About the Aftermath of a Self-Defense Shooting?
The Network’s goal is to prevent miscarriages of justice through—
Educating members about the legalities of using deadly force for self defense and how to interact with the criminal justice system after a shooting.
An initial $10,000 fee deposit paid to the member's attorney by the Network if the member has been involved in a self-defense incident. The fee deposit gets the legal defense immediately underway, with representation during questioning, and arranging for an independent investigation of the incident.
Network members are also eligible for additional grants of financial assistance from the Network's legal defense fund if they face unmeritorious prosecution or civil action after a self-defense incident occurring during their period of membership.
The Network publishes a monthly journal online with columns and features focused on topics of interest to armed citizens. Click here for links to the latest edition as well as an archive of earlier journals, which are delivered as PDFs.
Creating a nationwide network of attorneys and legal experts which the member can draw upon in the event of a self-defense shooting.
If you possess a gun for defense of yourself and your family, we urge you to seriously consider joining the Network.

As for the OP question - there are several in the Seattle area.

As for making a relationship with one lawyer... why? Unless you want to put down a retainer ($250-$1500) and that is typically only good for a short time. It's not like you put a retainer down and it's good for a lifetime. Most likely only for 3-6 months at best but each does it a bit differently.

But here's a start. You can always ask a lawyer... He may have a better idea of who is out there.
http://www.firearmslawyer.net/

or

http://woodinvillelaw.com/

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Andrew Lauer(Port Angeles) OCDO - OlypenDrew
360-477-1429

David Newman
425-485-5200

Jeff Goldstein
1-866-678-1382