Thread: 6 yr old bring a gun to school

6 yr old bring a gun to school

Distraught parents descended on a northeast Houston elementary school today after a pistol brought to campus by a kindergartner fell and discharged, slightly injuring three pupils.
    The pistol fell out of a pants pocket of the 6-year-old boy, who was not identified, and fell on the floor of cafeteria of Ross Elementary School, 2819 Bay, about 10:22 a.m., Houston school district superintendent Jason Spencer said.

I kind of question exactly what happened. The gun full out of the pocket and just went off? I wonder what kind of gun it was (obviously a pocket pistol if a 6 yr old was able to conceal it there.).

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7528178.html
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    Shoulda been OC with a retention holster.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Shoulda been OC with a retention holster.

Seriously, I'm glad no one was killed.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    Well, we still haven't heard what happened to the boy once he got home.

Well, we still haven't heard what happened to the boy once he got home.
    According to the article, he was most likely injured and still at the hospital.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-19-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Terrible... I have a 6 year old... I keep my guns trigger locked, unloaded, and put away when they are around.... but still... I simply CAN NOT IMAGINE how he could EVER get that gun without me knowing about it. I mean they are simply not out of my supervision for long enough to even do sometihng remotely close to that...

seriously... what kind of parents are these people to have their kid unsupervised long enough to get at their guns, move it, hide it, and then take it to school with them....

Banned
    That's terrible. The whole thing is really, but he's just a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    seriously... what kind of parents are these people to have their kid unsupervised long enough to get at their guns, move it, hide it, and then take it to school with them....
    Druggies, gangbangers, idiots, parents that don't care, I'm sure there's a long list of moron parents, and other's that fail in preventing access to 6 yr olds.

seems to be a lot missing, like how did somebody get a gun into a gun free zone? Thats the real mystery!

Also when did they start putting the names of children in the newspaper!! It also looks like the Hospital released the names! When did that start happening!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Druggies, gangbangers, idiots, parents that don't care, I'm sure there's a long list of moron parents, and other's that fail in preventing access to 6 yr olds.
    If everyone could control their kids, then there would be almost no crime, unwanted pregnancies, accidental deaths, no poverty, and so on. Things happen even when we do our best.

What in the hell sort of pocket pistol discharges when dropped?

Why is it always the excuse. The gun was dropped.. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    What in the hell sort of pocket pistol discharges when dropped?

Why is it always the excuse. The gun was dropped.. /facepalm
    It makes better press than saying the 6 year old pulled the trigger, poo'd his pants and dropped it. Easier to blame the gun in such circumstances than the parents (who are, of course, "victims").
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    It makes better press than saying the 6 year old pulled the trigger, poo'd his pants and dropped it. Easier to blame the gun in such circumstances than the parents (who are, of course, "victims").
    At least this sounds more truthful.
    Last edited by VW_Factor; 04-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Bad reporting. Type of firearm... calibre... at a minimum. Guns don't 'fall out' of pockets. Bullets don't go in the opposite direction of the hammer striking the deck... The kid pulled the trigger 'showing it'. 'Got some shrapnel... pooped his pants 'n dropped it. OK... so how'd he get 'hold of it?

Maybe he was lunch money jacking

Banned
    coulda been tired of getting jacked too.

coulda been tired of getting jacked too.
    Good point!

Wonder if he pulled it out of a bedside drawer?

Banned
    I heard on the news that it belonged to a family friend. This indicates to me that while visiting a friends home, the kid was snooping, and stole it, most likely the adults were unaware on this.

What kind of handgun can a 6 y/o boy fit in his pants pocket w/o it being detected? We're talking about a small pocket here...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Blame the CC people, its their fault we have to put up with tiny guns. Hehehe

What kind of handgun can a 6 y/o boy fit in his pants pocket w/o it being detected? We're talking about a small pocket here...
    Kel-Tec P-32, P3AT, or Ruger LCP? Maybe an NAA mini-revolver.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

PPK and smaller. Countless pocket guns are small enough to hide in a pocket where no one expects a gun to be, including on a kid that small. Some kids pants have pockets a lot bigger than my tightest jeans, which can pocket my .32 just fine.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.