• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

2a4all

The judge is not impartial. He's a judge who gets his salary from the state. They tend to side with the state and with their fellow bureaucrats. Let's hope the charges are seen as so ridiculous, that there is no choice but to rule in the right.

Except they are elected by the people.
Not in Virginia. They're elected by a majority of both houses of the state legislature. However, their nominations to this process are generally reserved to senior legislators. http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/cib.pdf

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I've been pretty absent from the forum for a while except for popping into the Missouri forum here and there (the current economy requires far more effort and time from this small business owner) and saw this saga linked on VA Open Carry Facebook page (where I can at least follow the antics of my VA OCDO friends lurking though I may be). I have been catching up on the several threads and posts. I regret that I missed the original calls for assistance. Skidmark, Ed, Peter, Grapeshot, are among the OCDO long timers I interacted with regularly in the early days of the forum and to whom I owe a debt for education, wisdom, good counsel and good (internet) company.

I hope and pray that this day goes well for Skidmark. Working in a career that regularly involves legality and interaction with attorneys I have regularly heard, and have unfortunately learned, the adage that no matter how good your case, no matter how righteous your cause, no matter how innocent of fault, no matter how apparently sympathetic the judge, any trial is at best a 50/50 proposition, especially if a jury is involved. It appears that in this case User's legal acumen and the hard work and support of fellow forum members will skew that proposition in Skidmark's favor. At least that is my fervent hope.

I am heartened to see that the spirit of OCDO, the indignation at infringement of our constitutionally protected rights, and the willing support and defense of those joined in common cause has not abated, and may have even intensified, during my somewhat long absence. Thank you to all of you actively supporting Skidmark for reminding me of that common cause and reason through your words and actions and for re-sparking my enthusiasm to continue the fight rather than just quietly living the life.

God bless and good luck, Skidmark!

wrightme

We won!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

WOOT!

GO SKID! GO USER!

I can't wait for the details. But, I will. :)

So, it was NOT dismissed, which would have been a satisfactory outcome for Skidmark, but his side of the case prevailed, which now is a decision, which I do see as a better outcome.

BobVA

:D:D:D Really great news. Like others who have been following this debaucle I'm anxiously awaiting the details.

Bob

:banana::monkey:banana::monkey:banana::monkey