• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

Baked on Grease

How ridiculous! After you win, make sure they PAY!:cuss::mad:

I do agree to some extent, if Surry wants to drag it out, make them pay. Of course... you might have the judge on your side here... realizing how easy this case should be for you to win and letting it turn into caselaw for future reference...

One can pray at least!

Sent using tapatalk

2a4all

I do agree to some extent, if Surry wants to drag it out, make them pay. Of course... you might have the judge on your side here... realizing how easy this case should be for you to win and letting it turn into caselaw for future reference...

One can pray at least!

Sent using tapatalk
Let's hope not. The judge is supposed to be impartial. If not, things could really get complicated.

77zach

Not Impartial

The judge is not impartial. He's a judge who gets his salary from the state. They tend to side with the state and with their fellow bureaucrats. Let's hope the charges are seen as so ridiculous, that there is no choice but to rule in the right.

protias

The judge is not impartial. He's a judge who gets his salary from the state. They tend to side with the state and with their fellow bureaucrats. Let's hope the charges are seen as so ridiculous, that there is no choice but to rule in the right.

Except they are elected by the people.

Baked on Grease

Let's hope not. The judge is supposed to be impartial. If not, things could really get complicated.

I wasn't implying that the judge is secretly rooting for Skid. What I had in mind with my satement, as implied further into my post, is that the judge can see further abuses of the charge against Skid in the same/similar manner and would rather have a final decision on the matter than let it drop and have this happen to another person later.

I understand what you say by impartial, laws are supposed to be impartial too, but he could use this as a chance to further define the limits of the law in question, which I see as much harder to do if it's dismissed before trial. I am looking at the world as it is now, not as the ideal our founders wanted.

I am new in the legal world (or to the world in general if you will) and I may be very wrong about this. Please educate me if this is so.

Sent using tapatalk