• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find it far better to make an ally of what some have described as the "enemy" wherever and whenever possible

When a group, representative individual, or rogue individual declares war upon you and yours, pretending that they are not your enemy is hardly productive.

I'll not take this any further off topic than to say that situations like the one Skidmark finds himself in should not be called anything short of a war. I'm sure he feels it with every court date. Icing the Defendant? I've been there. I'll not hide myself behind a composed and practiced demeanor. It's an insult, methinks. Bare knuckles with a monocle and bow tie? Really? Give me 5 minutes with them in a room with no doors or windows. No, really! If you can arrange it.

These people have a hardened vendetta, and to consider them anything other than the enemy they have made of themselves, would be foolish. I'll pay no homage of manners or pleasantries to such 'people.' Nor will I kid myself about what they are.

The war is already upon us, blah blah blah, I know not what course others, blah blah blah...

10,000 of them at the bottom of the Ocean: a man can dream...

Last edited:

MSC 45ACP

a bit OT, BUT....

A priest, a lawyer and a rabbi were the only survivors of a cruise ship sinking. Their lifeboat was out of gas and their paddles lost (along with their ability to propel the boat in any other way). They were drifting past an island that had some signs of life and decided the only way to reach it or get anyone's attention was to "swim for it" through shark-infested waters. All three tried, two of them died.
Which one survived and why? The lawyer... Professional courtesy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Leaving no tern unstoned - I dress out for the journey. My first outing in public since going in the hospital on Father's Day last, this is that important. A statement and support of Skidmark and what he represents to all Virginian's is my goal.

For those that know the meaning of my old signature line: YATA HEY!!!!!!

riverrat10k

OK, just got the early word.

I was not at this one, so I will be brief.

Case continuing to trial in September, case was not dismissed today.

Videotape (both instances) was ruled material.

Also, there was apparently some interesting video taken of the Commonwealths Attorney.

See everybody Sept. 13th!

riverrat

TFred

I was not at this one, so I will be brief.

Case continuing to trial in September, case was not dismissed today.

Videotape (both instances) was ruled material.

Also, there was apparently some interesting video taken of the Commonwealths Attorney.

See everybody Sept. 13th!

riverrat
I wonder just how many more "Oh Shoot" moments Mr. Poindexter's heart can take... or how long before the judge himself becomes "racist?"

TFred

45acpForMe

Constantly Amazed (in a bad way)

Every time there is another court appearance, I keep hoping/praying that they judge will finally have had enough and dismiss the darn thing!!!!

Why does our justice system entertain idiots and waste so much time and money?

Good luck Skidmark I hope September is a "closure" month in the best way!

Phssthpok

Every time there is another court appearance, I keep hoping/praying that they judge will finally have had enough and dismiss the darn thing!!!!

Why does our justice system entertain idiots and waste so much time and money?

It's possible that the judge is fed up with Poindexter and is handing him the keys to the rope factory to see just how fancy of a noose he's going to place around his own neck.:rolleyes:

In other words, the longer he keeps walking down this road, the more criminal charges he can rack up against himself.

HeroHog

It's possible that the judge is fed up with Poindexter and is handing him the keys to the rope factory to see just how fancy of a noose he's going to place around his own neck.:rolleyes:

In other words, the longer he keeps walking down this road, the more criminal charges he can rack up against himself.

THAT is the ONLY thing that makes any sense at this point in MY opinion!

sailer

We can dream, I suppose.

45acpForMe

THAT is the ONLY thing that makes any sense at this point in MY opinion!

I guess I am more of a nip it in the bud type of guy. I can't imagine that the judge is really concerned with "allowing" the case to go to trial to showcase the absurdity of the prosecutor.

Then again the supposed Conservatives in congress are happily waiting to see if the impostor in chief and traitors among them can really destroy the country. I would rather stop them immediately than see how much damage they can do (to themselves and the country).

In this case Skidmark has emotion, livelihood, time, and possible incarceration riding over his head EVERY single day until this farce is fully played out. I am sure that he would quickly trade any large civil settlement for this not going on for so long. He and User even suggested that earlier on in the case only to be rebuffed by the prosecutor.

This case is bigger than the defendant and I fear for my children to grow up in a free country if cases like these are continued to be heard disregarding merit and with primary purpose to grind those who would stand up to their betters, into the ground!!!

<stepping off my soap-box now>

:cuss:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll give you my take on it.

We have three distinct personalities and two professional styles.

Zepkin is a no nonsense, by the book, just give me the facts...Judge.
When he says something it's because it's in the book.

Dan is a hard hitting defense lawyer that not only argues for the moment, but is also setting the stage for his next move. Some of his filings ...IMO, are fishing expeditions or as I call it, brush kicking.

Gerald Poindexter is a poor lawyer to be kind. He's always handled cases by whining, bullying or outbursts of righteous indignation usually centered around race.
His legal arguments are a joke!

Even so, Zepkin is the type of judge that's going to hear them in the proper manner.

This case is a simple matte of pointing a finger but because of continued evidence tampering, either deliberately or simply out of ignorance, much time has been spent arguing over things like bad will, and the issue of a finger hasn't come up yet.

Add all this up and it makes for a long trial.

Mr H

Beat me to it...

Not much else adds up.

HeroHog

I guess I am more of a nip it in the bud type of guy. I can't imagine that the judge is really concerned with "allowing" the case to go to trial to showcase the absurdity of the prosecutor.

Then again the supposed Conservatives in congress are happily waiting to see if the imposter in chief and traitors amoung them can really destroy the country. I would rather stop them immediately than see how much damage they can do (to themselves and the country).

In this case Skidmark has emotion, livelihood, time, and possible incarceration riding over his head EVERY single day until this farce is fully played out. I am sure that he would quickly trade any large civil settlement for this not going on for so long. He and User even suggested that earlier on in the case only to be rebuffed by the prosecutor.

This case is bigger than the defendant and I fear for my children to grow up in a free country if cases like these are continued to be heard disregarding merit and with primary purpose to grind those who would stand up to their betters, into the ground!!!

<stepping off my soap-box now>

:cuss:

I agree 100%! It should have NEVER gotten this far and there are MANY officials involved who should be publicly horse whipped after wiping Skid's records clean and compensating him GREATLY!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Beat me to it...

Not much else adds up.

There is the underlying issue of good ol' boy politics and doing business a usual, whether moral, ethical or legal. This case has thrown a big wrench into the works in a major way. So far most of the prosecution's efforts have been directed at protecting that. The merits of the case haven't been heard yet, but be assured they will be.

okboomer

Grapeshot, I haven't said it yet, but GOOD TO SEE YA BUDDY!!! Hope the health issues are under control and on the way to good health!

Skidmark, et al - Been There Done That ... had to knuckle under a county DA over a gun charge ... to my benefit, the PD had everyone write a statement that night and when the statements were compared (my 3 folks, their 4 drug dealers/addicts) not one of their statements said anything near the same thing. My 3 were point-by-point the same just a slightly different POV. Full Dismissal of charges because I REFUSED to take any kind of plea that the DA offered the same day my Preliminary Hearing was held ... before I was done with booking for my PR bond, my attorney had a hand written plea offer from the DA. Hmmm, looks to me that even then he knew he didn't have a case! LOL

The judge was actually snoring during my questioning by the DA in the Motion to Dismiss. Then he ruled that the case would go forward ... does anyone else think his mind was made up before any testimony?

Skid - stand your ground and good on you for doing it! You not only prove to your community the underhanded actions of the local officers of the court (which DOES include the Clerk of Courts office!), you give hope to those of us who have BTDT or will in the future!

I had no idea this was dragging on this long ... small pittance will be snail mailed your way at the first of August!

IMHO, this was never about whether or not Skidmark did anything wrong, only failure to bow down. Ironically, it is a demonstration of being a Sheep Dog and not a Sheeple. I always visualize Ralph, the guard dog in the Road Runner comics ... when he and the Coyote are punching in at the time clock LOL

I would like to send you a warning to be very careful in the future ... you are now a marked man and TPTB will be "looking" for any excuse to put you on the wrong side of the law!

Also, if the state AG will not investigate the DA for malfeasance, you can always go out of state to another "alphabet agency"

I am also amazed at how amazed some folks here are about the support, both financial and emotional, that this group (gun owners around the world) has shown. I would have expected no less from you based on the OUTSTANDING character of the folks I have met here. But then, this type of "one for all and all for one" attitude is not encouraged in very many places anymore.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
There is the underlying issue of good ol' boy politics and doing business a usual, whether moral, ethical or legal. This case has thrown a big wrench into the works in a major way. So far most of the prosecution's efforts have been directed at protecting that. The merits of the case haven't been heard yet, but be assured they will be.

Isn't it precious how this has been nothing but covering up the prosecution's bad behavior, but almost nothing of what skid is charged with? I almost posted it earlier...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Isn't it precious how this has been nothing but covering up the prosecution's bad behavior, but almost nothing of what skid is charged with? I almost posted it earlier...

It is ironic. This is a simple case without police coverups, etc...which has been pointed out to me that if it had happened in some of the Northern NotVa localities, where they're good at being corrupt, Skid would be convicted..

But the case itself is simple. A finger doesn't look like a gun.

What has happened is the Commonwealths Attorney and others have dragged their feet and muddied the water every time Dan tries to get to the meat of it.

Zepkin is an interesting fellow. He declined to peruse a Circuit Judge Bench and he was nominated as a candidate for the Supreme Court. That is almost unheard of for a GDC Judge and the Circuit Court and especially the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court are extremely Political.
That speaks volumes about the man.

Dan is first rate defense lawyer.

Watching this circus is like watching a skilled acrobat walk across a well built footbridge and trying to not step in the Commonwealth's cow piles as he goes.:uhoh: