• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Zepkin is an interesting fellow. He declined to peruse a Circuit Judge Bench and he was nominated as a candidate for the Supreme Court. That is almost unheard of for a GDC Judge and the Circuit Court and especially the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court are extremely Political.
That speaks volumes about the man.

I wouldn't want to peruse a judicial bench, neither. Reading butt prints on a bench cannot possibly be useful.

Unless it tells you the sitting judge is an a$$. Just don't try to read the butt prints while he's actually sitting on that bench, though.

"Just making sure there's no splinters, Your Honor."

:D

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wouldn't want to peruse a judicial bench, neither. Reading butt prints on a bench cannot possibly be useful.

Unless it tells you the sitting judge is an a$$. Just don't try to read the butt prints while he's actually sitting on that bench, though.

"Just making sure there's no splinters, Your Honor."

Damn Dragon Speak...gotta do more proof reading than just typing!:mad:

Pursue Damnit... Pursue

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Damn Dragon Speak...gotta do more proof reading than just typing!:mad:

Pursue Damnit... Pursue

Good heavens, don't do that! Why, we'd miss all these opportunities for jocularity.

And, you might accidentally stumble on the correct spelling of proofreading. :p:)

Then where would we be?

VAlitigator

Judge Zepkin was my Virginia Civil Procedure instructor in law school years ago. He is a very intelligent man with integrity. Poindexter couldn't have had worse luck.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Judge Zepkin was my Virginia Civil Procedure instructor in law school years ago. He is a very intelligent man with integrity. Poindexter couldn't have had worse luck.

And Skidmark and all Virginian's better luck thereby.
icon14.png

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Both times that I watched Judge Zepkin work it seemed like he was teaching a class in law.

Dragon=off:banghead:

I interviewed a James City Officer (Zepkin was a G.D.C. Judge there).
He said "When we left his courtroom, we were better cops".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is almost back to school time - literally. I sooo look forward to it.

User will be proctoring in Surry's grand hall.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Date and time confirmed by Judge Zepkin - Tuesday, September 13, 2011, at 9:00 o'clock, a.m. - plan is to have the final hearing on the motion in limine first thing, and proceed to trial immediately thereafter if the motion does not result in a dismissal. I have verified that the Clerk has already corrected the Supreme Court's website with the accurate information.

HeroHog

My 30th wedding anniversary is the next day. Seeing a win here would be the best anniversary gift ever! :banana:

GO SKID!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My 30th wedding anniversary is the next day. Seeing a win here would be the best anniversary gift ever! :banana:

GO SKID!

To the same woman? These days that must be some kind of record.:lol:

Advanced congratulations to you both - such shows your continued devotion to each other.

BTW - we do all fully expect a win!

Blk97F150

- plan is to have the final hearing on the motion in limine first thing,

There were a lot of motions flying back and forth.... for us non-legalese speaking folks, can you clairify which motion will be heard? One of yours... or one of Mr Poindexters?

Thank ya sir...

:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There were a lot of motions flying back and forth.... for us non-legalese speaking folks, can you clairify which motion will be heard? One of yours... or one of Mr Poindexters?

Thank ya sir...

:)

Both I think.

Dan's latest which is all inclusive and pretty damning....and Poindexter's response (Which I might add was filed late even though no one hid it)

I have them and a stack that looks like the health care bill, sitting beside me now. I have just completed the first 22 minutes and 15 seconds of Surry Side, that part done, finished and outta the way. It's a little less than half (I'm trying to keep it under 63 minutes)

Last edited:

wrightme

Both I think.

Dan's latest which is all inclusive and pretty damning....and Poindexter's response (Which I might add was filed late even though no one hid it)

I have them and a stack that looks like the health care bill, sitting beside me now. I have just completed the first 22 minutes and 15 seconds of Surry Side, that part done, finished and outta the way. It's a little less than half (I'm trying to keep it under 63 minutes)

So it can run in a 2-hour timeslot as a dorkumentary?