• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So it can run in a 2-hour timeslot as a dorkumentary?

Yeah, that must be it:uhoh:

I thought it might be because I wanted uncompressed video but now that you mention it...it must be the damn timeslot. I knew you outtastaters were good for something!;)

Blk97F150

Thanks Peter.

Thats a whole lot of material to squeeze into only 63 minutes!! (but don't leave any of the 'good parts' out just to shorten it... :p ).

Hopefully Sept 13 will be the end of this chapter!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

HeroHog

Skid, a win would be the very BEST present Terri and I could ever hope for on our 30th anniversary the 14th of this month. I'm counting on ya making our anniversary special bud! :banana: :monkey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So... would this t-shirt be inappropriate for court? :uhoh:

View attachment 6851

A beautiful design and very appropriate, after the fact.

That would make an excellent gift for Skidmark following a positive outcome.

Suggestion for the obverse side:

I survived the Surry Commonwealth Attorney's attack...............I think!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd like to add that the 13th is also OC Dinner night and it will be in the South Side this month. It's pretty much a straight shot down Rt 10.

I have a lot of faith in Dan and I'm fully expecting a not guilty verdict or dismissal.

Like Grapeshot said...a big showing would make a statement that needs to be made in that county.

45acpForMe

Can someone post the exact address and time? I think I see it on the map but have never been there before so am not sure.

I may be able to make it this time. Is this a show-up at 8am and sit all day affair or is Skidmark on the docket for a specific time?

45acpForMe

I think he was referring to the address of the court for Skid's trial, which is as follows:

Surry General District Court

45 School St
Surry, VA 23883

Thanks, that is different that what I was looking at on the map.

Is there a start time when you have to be inside or forever locked outside? (wait all day or a specific docket scheduled time?)

I already know, no shorts and assume no guns, cell phones, knives.

Anything else? If the start time is before 9am I will have trouble getting there in time since I have about an hour drive and kids to get off to school.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks, that is different that what I was looking at on the map.

Is there a start time when you have to be inside or forever locked outside? (wait all day or a specific docket scheduled time?)

I already know, no shorts and assume no guns, cell phones, knives.

Anything else? If the start time is before 9am I will have trouble getting there in time since I have about an hour drive and kids to get off to school.

Expect start time to be between 9:30 AM and noon. User will advise.

Court has not been closed, so late arrivals will still be free to enter.

Heed: no cell phones, cameras, recording devises, no flip flops.........dress clean and nice, take your hat off - be respectful of the judge and his court.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Expect start time to be between 9:30 AM and noon. User will advise.

Court has not been closed, so late arrivals will still be free to enter.

Heed: no cell phones, cameras, recording devises, no flip flops.........dress clean and nice, take your hat off - be respectful of the judge and his court.

No shorts either....Huh Nightmare:lol:

It's funny, this thread and case certainly has a wide following, even overseas, but I really don't understand why some outtastaters who border on anti, seem stuck viewing it.
What do they expect to happen?

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Sounds like a plan

I think I will be tagging along with Sidestreet again for moral support and to witness the victory.

I also plan to celebrate at the dinner as it is only 4 miles from the house.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think I will be tagging along with Sidestreet again for moral support and to witness the victory.

I also plan to celebrate at the dinner as it is only 4 miles from the house.

Looking forward to seeing you there.
For those that aren't familiar with it, this is a scheduled two round fight. The first part is to rule on the motions and if the case is not dismissed, they will go on to the trial.

Felix

Is breakfast still on beforehand at the Surrey House? That's not the day they're closed, is it?

Any problem wearing an empty holster in this courthouse as a sign of support for Skid? Or will it be confiscated at the checkpoint?