• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skidmark proceeding to trial - Sept 13th, 2011

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is breakfast still on beforehand at the Surrey House? That's not the day they're closed, is it?

Any problem wearing an empty holster in this courthouse as a sign of support for Skid? Or will it be confiscated at the checkpoint?

Breakfast before is very likely, even probable.

Empty holster is definite legal by statutory standards - no law against it. My first thought is that we do not want to alienate the judge in his courtroom.

Whether or not such will be a recommended option or not, I will leave up to Skid's attorney, User.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My first thought is that we do not want to alienate the judge in his courtroom.

Very good point Grape!

The Judge so far, has been nothing but by the book. HE is really the only good guy in Surry county Government not to mention he's the one that decides the case.

Jonesy

I am thinking of coming down from Alexandria. Be fun to meet you guys and support Skidmark. If anyone wants to ride along from Alexandria or along the way, please contact me, although I am not definite yet.

nemo

I am thinking of coming down from Alexandria. Be fun to meet you guys and support Skidmark. If anyone wants to ride along from Alexandria or along the way, please contact me, although I am not definite yet.

I was (note the verb tense) planning to attend, but found out, today, that I will NOT be able to get off from work on that day. Someone please post a full report with pictures! TIA.

Felix

Is there a start time for Skid's procedings and/or a meet up time/place beforehand?

Last I saw was start time between 9:30 am and noon with the defense lawyer to provide more definition as we get closer. I assume that'll be Monday. He's supposed to address the empty holster issue as well.

Meet up at the Surrey House Restaurant just up the road on Rolfe Hwy. Should be a bunch of retirement-age guys eat'n breakfast around 8 am. :D

speed41ae

He's supposed to address the empty holster issue as well.

I am going to show my support for Skidmark. I am not going to make a point, intimidate anyone, push any buttons or in anyway cause any trouble that could a negative outlook on Skidmark.

riverrat10k

Moral support in the courtroom is a good thing. The Surry House is just down the street a quarter mile and has local sausage from Edwards.

Court starts at nine and, to my knowledge, the day is clear except for Skid's case. If the case is not dismissed on the motions already before the court, a trial will ensue. I would expect a break between the two proceedings if it gets that far.

I will leave Richmond about 7 or a little before, grab a quick bite at SH, and proceed to the courthouse.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Last I saw was start time between 9:30 am and noon with the defense lawyer to provide more definition as we get closer. I assume that'll be Monday. He's supposed to address the empty holster issue as well.

Meet up at the Surrey House Restaurant just up the road on Rolfe Hwy. Should be a bunch of retirement-age guys eat'n breakfast around 8 am. :D

There are two items on the docket: the motion to dismiss will be heard at nine o'clock, a.m.; the trial will commence thereafter if the motion is not successful.

Empty holsters should not be a problem and I don't think anyone will care, and most people won't really notice. Short pants on the other hand, could present a problem.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Schedual for Sept. 13th

Talk to User this morning - the schedule is as follows.

8:00 AM meet up at Surrey House Restaurant for those that can make it.

9:00 AM court date for hearings on all motions.

If not dismissed on motions, then trial will begin immediately thereafter.

Presume there will be a lunch break if necessary.

Expect a victory celebration at our Greater Richmond OC dinner at 7:00 PM.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Dinner-9-13-11-at-7-pm&p=1609130#post1609130

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's 4:39, the moon is full, everything is loaded in the car and I'll leave in a few minutes. See yall there!