• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Status of SB98 and SB26

Fabricator

Currently GA Packing indicates the following on SB98: "Passed Senate
Now in House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee" In addition, this is the link for the voting outcome, and the actual "as passed" info:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/History.aspx?Legislation=32752

It indicates that it passed, but when could it potentially be signed into law?

And this on SB26: "Passed Senate, now in House Judiciary Committee"

Here is the same on SB26:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/History.aspx?Legislation=32182

Forgive my ignorance, but where do these stand, and where can I go in the future to find this out?

Thanks,

Fabricator

Kingfish

The legislature has adjured for the session without considering ANY gun bills. Look for action this time next year. Looks like we only get something in election years.

Kingfish

Thanks for the reply. How come it says SB98 "passed", but still waits until next session?

Fabricator
A bill has to pass both the House and the Senate and be signed by the governor (or allowed to become law without signature) to become law. There can be 2 separate bills but they either have to be identical to go straight to the governors office or be hashed out in a conference committee.

In this case, the Senate passed a bill but the house did not...So, no love this year.