• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WGO Membership?

anmut

I got a letter today asking me to join Wisconsin Gun Owners, with a P.O. box in Waupaca WI. Are there "competing" organizations? Their flyer states a some pretty hefty membership fees, and although they are pushing for Constitutional Carry, I haven't heard of them or known them to have gone to court for anyone in the past.

Also - where do you think they get addresses from? NRA selling my info? I know WCI keeps their membership tighter than Fort Knox.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I got a letter today asking me to join Wisconsin Gun Owners, with a P.O. box in Waupaca WI. Are there "competing" organizations? Their flyer states a some pretty hefty membership fees, and although they are pushing for Constitutional Carry, I haven't heard of them or known them to have gone to court for anyone in the past.

Also - where do you think they get addresses from? NRA selling my info? I know WCI keeps their membership tighter than Fort Knox.

Throw it away !! I have read BAD stuff about that Org on other pro gun websites, like AR15.com Hometown forum...like the guy in charge of the WGO ( Jim Fendry ) buys new cars with that Money, don't know if it's true......just sayin...Business expenses right ?

Here is the link to the AR15.com thread ... http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=448833

Getting mailing list's is easy online

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

Use the letter for toilet paper...

On second thought......DON'T. Aint even fit for that.

Money paid for memberships ends up in someones personal account.

I never did hear whether it was paid back or resolved,charges filed or what.

Treat it like an invite to contribute to Obama's or Doyles Campaign fund.

LR Yote

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
No bashing other groups

I believe WGO is run by Corey Graff, Executive Director.

A WHOIS search reveals that this individuals behind the web site are hiding their identity.

I cannot comment further Because of Rule #12, except to say I am NOT a member.

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

phred

Throw it away !! I have read BAD stuff about that Org on other pro gun websites, like AR15.com Hometown forum...like the guy in charge of the WGO ( Jim Fendry ) buys new cars with that Money, don't know if it's true......just sayin...Business expenses right ?

Here is the link to the AR15.com thread ... http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=448833

Corey Graff?

comp45acp

Jim Fendry is not a part of WGO. Be more careful when throwing names out if you don't know.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Jim Fendry is not a part of WGO. Be more careful when throwing names out if you don't know.

I do apologize My Bad, It's MOST CERTAINLY NOT Jim Fendry..I did confuse the 2 names Jim Fendry actually did some good things for the Movement - I read his name on the same topic on AR15.com just got them mixed up, Sorry. Corey Graff of the WGO is the Correct name I was looking for.

Last edited:

theoicarry

So I'll have my son draw some targets on it and we'll bring it to the range this weekend.

I have never gotten one of these as yet. However I saw one laying on my Son's kitchen table the other day and forgot to ask him what he was doing with this. Thanks for reminding me.

Interceptor_Knight

I got a letter today asking me to join Wisconsin Gun Owners, with a P.O. box in Waupaca WI. Are there "competing" organizations? Their flyer states a some pretty hefty membership fees, and although they are pushing for Constitutional Carry, I haven't heard of them or known them to have gone to court for anyone in the past..
Corey is not "pushing" for anything except for your money in his pocket. No more needs to be said here on the subject. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=448833