Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to enforce Slower Traffic Move Right

How to enforce Slower Traffic Move Right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI

That is how you enforce slower traffic move right. EXCELLENT WORK!

Box:

Thinking:

Not inside box.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

That video was great. I usually just move over when there is a cop behind me. I would just rather have them in front so I can resume speeding.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Four or five lanes of traffic is not hogging the 'fast lane' and tailgating is not safe. I'd be taking down that moron's lic no. and calling his chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Four or five lanes of traffic is not hogging the 'fast lane' and tailgating is not safe. I'd be taking down that moron's lic no. and calling his chief.
    I despise tailgaters. LEO'S that tailgate even more so.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Fail.

The proper way to enforce "keep right except to pass" (NOT "slower traffic move right"), is just like the Germans do: no speed limit, and if you're hit from behind in any lane except the right-most lane, you're automatically charged at fault for the accident.

We don't know what speed the car was driving. About a dozen years ago they had a minor scandal in Little Rock, where police cars would charge up behind cars in the left lane in heavy traffic (no lights flashing), and when those cars speeded up to get around traffic and move over, the police would then pull them over and cite them for speeding.

@zzholes.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 04-20-2011 at 04:57 AM.

I enjoyed the video but

it never ceases to amaze me how crappy most videos are. Someone making a video is shaking the camera around as if they are making a martini or perhaps like they have already drank a few. People make these videos while shaking the camera around like a flag in a stiff breeze then think it is a good video. Not a big deal, just a pet peeve.

It does annoy me to no end when some slacker gets in the "fast" lane and toot along about 10 to 15 mph under the limit and are apparently blissfully unaware that there are actually other people in the world, some of which are on the road and have somewhere to go.

Personally, I could care less, when I am running 5 MPH above the posted limit in the center lane in an area where people are entering and exiting the highway, often at speeds 10mph or more below the limit and some A******e running 20 over the limit wants me to move over. No matter how fast you drive, someone wants to go faster. I move to the right lane when I get close to my exit or I exit the congested area. My big gripe is the 18 wheelers which pull up so close to your rear bumper that you can't see anything in the mirror but the radiator, then complain on a radio talk show that it takes 5 times as much distance to stop a big rig as it does a 4 wheeler, so I guess we shouldn't be on "their highway". Personally, I think that the cops should give 1 week notice and then strictly enforce the limits. They did that once on I 81, and they caught some motorists 3 times before they left the enforcement zone.
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

You could or couldn't care less?

It amazes me the people that are on the cops ass about this video.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Tip: It is appropriate to kindly signal, and move over, when approached by a faster vehicle from the rear. Particularly when you are in the fast lane!

You [...] talking about reporting this officer clearly don't belong on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

In WA that driver and the cop were breaking the law.

Any time you're not in the right lane (except HOV) and you're not passing traffic you're wrong. Thus the "Keep right except to pass" signs scattered about.

On single lane roads if you have 5 or more cars behind you then you must pull off to let them by. You're never authorized to stay left just because you think you're going fast enough for everyone else. Live and let live, even those faster than you.

Tailgating is also wrong, even when it is kind of funny.

Banned
    If you don't want someone on your ass, then MOVE! Its so easy, if you can't so much as change lanes for your neighbor, then what good are you really. You that self centered?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-20-2011 at 04:17 PM.

I very much dislike people that block up the fast lane. I grew up driving in SoCal. Around here in Oregon there are entirely too many people on the I5 that simply suck at highway driving manners.

Faster car behind you? Get the **** out of the damn lane, and let them by. Around here, there are laws against against it, and people still don't get out the way.

People in Oregon are damned erratic on the highways and the interstate as well. Easily spooked as well, leading to more erratic driving habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    Does the "fast lane" allow you to break the law and go over the speed limit?
    IIRC most states don't have concrete speed limits on highways and interstates. They are governed by the suggested speed, and basic speed rule.

Which means.. Get out of the way.

Banned
    +1

Many states are ticketing drivers that wont move, even if they are over the speed limit, because they cause road rage, congesti9on, and accidents. The tickets are usually for impeding. Now THAT'S how to make use of the police.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that very satisfying to watch, no matter its societal propriety.
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats

I freaking despise the idiots that think it's their right to just cruise along in the left lane and block it. The law is clear on this, keep the hell right unless it's to pass and when you want to pass $hit or get off the pot, make your pass and get it over with.

It's about time LEO's enforce this most basic of motoring laws.

If you don't like that trucker grill in your rear view mirror it's simple...get the F&%k over even if you are in the middle lane. Most of the time trucks are not allowed in the left lane and you are effectively blocking their passing lane.

Remember, KEEP RIGHT and allow faster traffic to pass, that includes the middle lanes.

Sometimes I wish I had a front bumper mounted tactical small nuke missile
    Preferred weapon is a GBU-10 PavewayII but it's a little heavy for me
    For OC I have a Beretta 90-two Italian 9mm. Mi piace molto
    Beretta pre warnings 92fs stainless steel Italian 9mm
    Beretta 92fs compact USA 9mm
    Beretta Cougar 8000 9mm
    For fun it's an LMT AR-15 w/defender 2000 lower and a slide fire stock

Banned
    its sometimes known as the 85th% rule

Pet peeve: there is no such thing as the "fast lane".

Banned
    Yes there is, stay out of it. And while you're at it, dim your lights.

"basic speed rule"....? That must be the magic rule that gets people out of speeding tickets all the time?
    http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/e...troduction.htm

Here is some reading about the basic speed rule. Should explain any questions you have regarding its use.

The only real bad thing about it, is that it kind of leaves your "speeding" or not up to the LEO's discretion. (regarding speed of other traffic, weather conditions, lighting, etc, etc)

Essentially, if its pooring rain, even going what is posted could be considered speeding via the Basic Speed Rule. However, headed to Vegas in the middle of the desert with no one else around in the middle of the day, 85 may not be considered speeding. Just be polite with the LEO.

Banned
    An analogy. 2 cars on the interstate, side by side, both doing 100 mph, very light traffic, only one of those cars is speeding. Why? Because of the cars themselves, one of them is a Corvette, the other, a Chevette. Now, its winter, there is 4 inches of snow, both cars are doing 45mph, only 1 car is speeding, its the Corvette this time. Another clear day, same cars, different drivers, both at 75 mph. The driver of the Corvette is 67 years old, female, and on the phone, the Chevette is being driven by an alert 30 year old car buff, again, the Corvette is speeding. Last one, 2 Corvettes, driving in identical conditions, 145mph, one on I-75, the other, on the North Ring in Germany. Neither one is speeding. The Corvette is cruising comfortably at 145.

Banned
    Of course, anyone driving a vette in the salt and snow should be knocked around a bit.

Does the "fast lane" allow you to break the law and go over the speed limit? Pretty much every car in the video seemed to be going to the same speed, how do you know they werent all going the exact speed limit? If they are then how is it someones duty to change lanes so they can let someone past them to break the law?

Idiots who get bitchy that someone wont move over and allow them to break the law, especially going 70 mph and surrounded by OTHER people going 70mph, shouldnt be on the roads, in a car or carrying a gun.
    The "Fast Lane" is the lane reserved for passing slower vehicles.
    Traffic enforcement is not your job, and by blocking traffic that is attempting to overtake you, in the lane meant to do so, regardless of speed, YOU are creating a dangerous situation.

You have no explicit "duty" to change lanes, but being that it is the passing lane, you should yield when, you know, being passed. Regardless of the overtaking vehicles speed.

People who cannot dynamically assess their situation and comply with the safest probable reaction, are a danger to other motorists.

Perhaps you should stop acting like you are the regulator of all things highway related Claytron, and politely move over instead of being COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack on a power trip.

That is frankly how people get shot in the face on motorways.

It simply is not worth it.

Pull over, let them pass, wave as they do so with a smile, and take a moment to jot or memorize their license plate as you prepare to call them in to the authorities.

Drop your power trip.

People like you cause more accidents and road related incidents by thinking you have some "duty" to regulate everyone else speed.

What an idiotic retort.

P.S. How many brain cells do you need to muster to process that the reason most of those motorists were "driving the same speed", was because Johnny Law was right next to them?

Major DURP on your part.
    Last edited by slowfiveoh; 04-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Banned
    I personally have passed drivers like him on the shoulder, in the center lane, and even on entrance/exit ramps for driving like that. Oh, my bad, he thought he was being safe.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I personally have passed drivers like him on the shoulder, in the center lane, and even on entrance/exit ramps for driving like that. Oh, my bad, he thought he was being safe.

LOL...have you ever then slowed down dramatically and rapidly in front of them? Not saying I ever did it

I have often wanted one of those scrolling LED marque signs in the back window with some choice preselected messages.
    Preferred weapon is a GBU-10 PavewayII but it's a little heavy for me
    For OC I have a Beretta 90-two Italian 9mm. Mi piace molto
    Beretta pre warnings 92fs stainless steel Italian 9mm
    Beretta 92fs compact USA 9mm
    Beretta Cougar 8000 9mm
    For fun it's an LMT AR-15 w/defender 2000 lower and a slide fire stock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast