• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"ONLY" Please Post responses E-mails here. (Emails From Senators)

Rick H

So as we can Count the Positive and Negative responses
====================================

Positive response or Negative Responses PLEASE ONLY!, NO AUTO REPLIES as they are of no use

Thank you
=======================================================

I agree with your position.

Sincerely,

Senator Evelyn Lynn

Last edited:

10x

Thank you for your email regarding Senate Bill 234 – Firearms. I voted for an amended version of this bill and it is now being reviewed following its favorable vote in the Rules Committee. I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind regarding this bill as it continues to move through the legislative process.

Please feel free to contact me in the future with any other concerns or comments.

Sincerely yours,

David Simmons

State Senator, District 22

251 Maitland Avenue, Suite 304

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Phone: 407-262-7578 Fax: 407-262-7580

Email: simmons.david.web@flsenate.gov

Rick H

Rick,

Thank you for contacting Senator Altman’s office. The Senator is a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and has not only voted in favor of SB 234, he is also a co-sponsor of the bill.

If you have any further questions, concerns, or need assistance, please feel free to contact Senator Altman's office anytime.

Best Regards,

Jeff Ivey
Florida State Senator Thad Altman
District 24

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for your e-mail message. Because I receive such an overwhelming number of daily e-mails, I send this automatic response to verify receipt of your correspondence. *Unfortunately it is not always possible for me to personally respond so I use this medium primarily to obtain opinions from constituents regarding legislative issues. However, it is important that your name, address with zip code and phone number be on your e-mail in the event that I need to contact you.

Should you require more information or assistance, please contact me at the numbers given below. I will be happy to assist you.

DISTRICT OFFICE:

Toll Free 1-888-861-9761; (904) 727-3600; Fax 904-727-3603

9485 Regency Square Boulevard, Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32225-8145

CAPITOL OFFICE:

(850) 487-5030; Fax: 850-487-5844

Suite 212, The Capitol, 404 South Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. Your thoughts are important to me and help keep me well informed. Please be assured I will take note of your comments and appreciate both your input and your activism.

Senator John Thrasher
Florida Senate District 8

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Many constituents e-mail me to share their views on issues or to request assistance in resolving a concern. Due to the large volume of Internet mail that I receive, I am sending this automated response to confirm that your e-mail was received. This response is automatically sent each time I receive mail on my e-mail account.
I appreciate you taking the time to express your views and apologize for the expediency of this response. I want to assure you that I review all the mail that I receive. I value your input and welcome your participation in the legislative process.
If you are a resident of District 18 and would like a more formal response, please be sure you have provided me with your name, address and phone number so that I may better serve you. If you would like to contact my office by telephone, you may call my District office at (813) 233-4277 or my Tallahassee office at (850) 487-5059.
Sincerely,
Arthenia L. Joyner
Arthenia L. Joyner
State Senator, District 18

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Please know that this is an automatic response to acknowledge receipt of your email. Depending on the nature of your concerns a further response may be necessary.
Thank you for contacting my office to share your concerns. It is good to know constituents take an interest in their government. It is my pleasure to serve as the Senator from District 37.* It is only with citizen participation that I can effectively represent my constituents.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact my office at the address below.* I also invite you to check out www.myflorida.com, which will provide you with up-to-date information about your state government. It will also provide many tools and links through which you can explore the legislative process, departments of state and the issues facing Florida.
Again, thank you for contacting me.* Your concerns may require research and a more extensive reply. If so, we will communicate again with a more personal response.
Respectfully,
Garrett Richter
State Senator, District 37
Suite 203, Administration Building
3301 East Tamiami Trail
Naples, Florida 34112
239-417-6205
239-417-6207 FAX

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding Senate Bill 234.* This bill is scheduled to be heard by the Judiciary Committee, April 12, 2011.
Again, I appreciate your taking the time to contact me about this legislation – participation such as yours is vital to the democratic process. *Please feel free to contact my office if I can be of future assistance.

Sincerely,
Mike Haridopolos
State Senator, District 26

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for your email regarding Senate Bill 234 – Firearms. I voted for an amended version of this bill and it is now being reviewed following its favorable vote in the Rules Committee. I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind regarding this bill as it continues to move through the legislative process.
Please feel free to contact me in the future with any other concerns or comments.
Sincerely yours,
David Simmons
State Senator, District 22
251 Maitland Avenue, Suite 304
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Phone:* 407-262-7578***** Fax:**** 407-262-7580
Email:* simmons.david.web@flsenate.gov

77zach

Benacquisto

Per her aid:

"I believe she, like others, had some concerns with open carry on college campuses. I haven’t had a chance to have an at length discussion with her about it but I believe she plans to support it on the floor. She has voted pro-gun on every other piece of legislation. "

to which I responded:
"Thank you for your time. College Carry has been struck from the bill so that should alleviate her concerns. "

So we should be confirmed good with her.

77zach

Bennett is NO

Update op- bennett is no

Me:

Hi,

Do you know if Senator Bennett supports restoring open carry rights to CWF license holders? SB 234 has passed all of its committees and will come up for a vote on the floor next week. Thanks for any info.

His aide: "No he does not"

Me: "Thank you. His anti-rights position will be reported to thousands of Fl gun owners through the web."

hammer6

Senator Bennett does not support this bill.

Thank you,

Debbie Scott
Legislative Assistant to
Senator Michael S. "Mike" Bennett
Senate President Pro Tempore
District 21
Wildwood Professional Park
3653 Cortez Road West, Suite 90
Bradenton, FL 34210

District Office: (941) 727-6349
Fax: (941) 727-6352

~*'Phoenix'*~

Jeez, stop giving up already! We got 18-20 confirmed yeas, with 2-3 'very' likely yeas, against 19-20 nays. All we need is 20 yeas with one of the rest either absent of abstaining. If Haridopolous is favorable, can't he and Evers postpone it a day if all nays are present until a day we're missing an anti? Just one missing or abstaining will suffice.

77zach

Jeez, stop giving up already! We got 18-20 confirmed yeas, with 2-3 'very' likely yeas, against 19-20 nays. All we need is 20 yeas with one of the rest either absent of abstaining. If Haridopolous is favorable, can't he and Evers postpone it a day if all nays are present until a day we're missing an anti? Just one missing or abstaining will suffice.

I wasn't looking for them, but I only saw absences in the full session, not abstentions, whereas in committee there would be some VA's-which I assume means abstained. You can look up the histories on the senate website. If bullard eats a lot of sugar over the weekend, hopefully she'll be in too poor of health too come.

Bullard has her "bicycle safety" bill up the same day as 234. Reason enough to make the drive/flight?

Last edited: