• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it time for the Subjects of a Monarchy Revolt against the Queen ?

Is it time to Revolt against the Queen /Monarchy

• NO - we are Bloody cowards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daylen

The only way the People of the UK will ever get back their rights is to...REVOLT

Historically wrong. The American Right to Bear Arms came from English common law and the English bill of rights in the 1600s. You guys got the right recognized and protected when the monarchy was much more powerful without a revolt; you can do it again as long as there are still people yearning for liberty over there. Before you revolt you might want to try and at least change the culture so people carry knifes again. I find it strange that there are cultures that think themselves free where noone carries a knife. Where I'm from EVERYONE carries a knife.

Haz.

Dont know what is the best advice. When John Howard, Leader of the Liberal and national Country party Coelition mass sucker-upper, to Robert Menzies his mentor, and the Queen Monarchy banned firearms Down Under, lawyers sussed out the English bill or rights and common law and got no where. Firearms, legally owned and paid for, that is private property, was forcebly taken away from Law Abiding Australians, me included.

Daylen

Dont know what is the best advice. When John Howard, Leader of the Liberal and national Country party Coelition mass sucker-upper, to Robert Menzies his mentor, and the Queen Monarchy banned firearms Down Under, lawyers sussed out the English bill or rights and common law and got no where. Firearms, legally owned and paid for, that is private property, was forcebly taken away from Law Abiding Australians, me included.

So I take it all firearms were registered to each owner? If so, allowing that was the first mistake.

The first place to start on gaining rights back is the press or media. If you can change the culture laws can be changed.

Haz.

So I take it all firearms were registered to each owner? If so, allowing that was the first mistake.

The first place to start on gaining rights back is the press or media. If you can change the culture laws can be changed.

The press is very anti gun in Australia and beat up every firearms related incident not only those committed here by criminals using unregistered firearms but every sad event world wide, then plaster the front pages with all the tripe sprouted by the anites for days.

This is how the government slowly got the upper hand. First they enacted laws which prohibited people from buying any ammo from any gun store Aust. wide. So the majority of law abiding citizens who owned firearms had to apply for and recieved firearms licences to enable them to purchase amunition. Then some years later the government enacted laws requiring firearms be registered, knowing full well those with firearms licences, those who obey the laws of the country had no option but to register their firearm because they were licenced to own firearms, and the government knew who they were and where they lived by the firearms licences they held. If holders of firearms licences failed to register any firearms they were deemed not own firearms and no longer needed a firearms licence and the need to buy ammo! Anti gun politicians arn't as dumb as we think they are.

It wasnt long before the government started talking about banning firearms. One politician even went so far as to say, "Do we need a massacar to occure in our country before people realise guns are dangerous." Mr. Howard the then Prim Minister even pubicly said he hated guns, all the while being protected by armed security and CC'ing everywhere he went.

Then the massacar in Tasmania occured. Anti friearms hysteria grew, the Greens and the anties beat up the entire tragedy with no regard for the victims families, and firearm owners were all branded gun crazed red necks ready to snap and repeat what had happened. Then the Howard Government passed laws banning guns reminding licenced firearms owners that the government knew who was licenced and owned registered firearms and added, I think it is a $200,000 fine and10 years in prison for anyone who failed to hand in prohibited firearms.

We are doing our best to change the culture as difficult as it is, especially with the Greens and the anties telling lies and publishing false statistics in the anti-firearms papers saying crime has decreased dramaticly when in fact it has increased since the firearms ban.

Last edited:

Daylen

Wow yall are very compliant. I can't see that ammo restriction ever having worked over here. Seems like yall need to encourage a culture of distrust of authority to get anywhere.

Haz.

Sad isn't it. When the majority falls for BS fed them the rest of us are stuck with it. The generation following mine have no idea. Never had it hard, never had to fight a war, have had everything given to them, think milk and meat comes from Woolies, criminals these days get 10 years or less for murder and people get 15 for starving a dog? The politicly correct bamby brigade rule here now. Go figure!

Daylen

Lol, No mate, Wollies is Aussie slang for Woolworths, a retail giant similar to Walmart in the US!

They even sold guns and ammo before the ban down under.

I think its time for you guys to establish some intensive wildlife management areas for hunting and bring kids hunting more.

Haz.

Thats been done by our 2 Shooters and Fishers party members in State parliment. We involve our kids in the target shooting ranges. Our Shooters and Fishers party members are introducing a bill to bring back shooting as a sport in schools as it was back in my day. The Greens and anties are outraged. Comments in the papers like, "Teaching our children to kill each other," and other rubbish like that!

They dont say anything about the kids on the streets shooting up on drugs and committing crime to feed the habit. The Greens also want to legalise cannabis, they try and keep that to themselves out of the news. Its a queer world. Slowly slowly, the only way for us now is up.

KBCraig

They dont say anything about the kids on the streets shooting up on drugs and committing crime to feed the habit. The Greens also want to legalise cannabis, they try and keep that to themselves out of the news. Its a queer world. Slowly slowly, the only way for us now is up.
Drug-associate crime is a result of prohibition; legalisation actually decreases crimes associated with drug use.

The same liberty that allows a free people the right to be armed, also allows them to choose what they put in their bodies.

Good luck on regaining some of your gun rights, and especially on getting the youth involved. Maybe organize some school trips to the Lithgow museum.

Old Grump

Same problem on both sides of the big blue pond. It isn't about guns or people or even drugs it is about people control and politicians needing to stay in power doing so by making it look like they are combating a problem. With every security measure they pass and with every restriction they pass their hold on power is strengthened, the good citizens are further restricted from their God Given rights and nothing is accomplished in deterring criminal activity or behavior. To many people have gotten themselves into the mindset of "What can the Government do for me?" That mindset is why both of our nations allowed politicians to run roughshod over our rights and accepted draconian restrictions on their freedoms in order to achieve the illusion of security. It is no accident that it happened a little faster in the UK with its smaller more closely densely urban population but as The USA became more urbanized and less rural the same thing happened here too as evidenced by the largest problem centers that also have the largest crime, drug and gun problems. Our largest cities and most densely populated states also have the most restrictions on gun owners and this is not an accident.

The monarchy makes a convenient strawman to vent against but is not where the problem lies, it is in your front yard and it is called local politics, all politics is eventually local because that man sitting in Parliament originally came out of your neighborhood.

Last edited: