Thread: Hair cut

Hair cut

I went to the (BEAUTY PARLOR) on Monday to have my hair cut. If I were to have a firearm in my possession? Covered by the sheet for the hair cut would constitute an concealed firearm? (correct)?
    If that is the case. Can one place the firearm in the holster on the counter by the person cutting the hair?
    I did not do this, but in discussion of this possibility have the women freaking. Would love to do this next time.
    Ted.
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Just keep it exposed. (the gun, that is) :-p
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

I leave mine on. Your on private property,who's gonna complain ? not my barber.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Just keep it exposed. (the gun, that is) :-p
    I have heard if it is nice out, just leave it out?????????????
    The Firearm?

Rock Out with ...um ...Your Glock out !!!

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

#1. you go to a 'beauty parlor'??? wth :-)
    #2. just pretend theres NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!
    #3 Tip well.

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Rock Out with ...um ...Your Glock out !!!

LR Yote
    ahh man ! I was gonna say that !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I believe you can get permission from the owner to CC on their property or you could just tuck the sheet behind your firearm, exposing it to the hair that will fall down.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    This is not advice, its just what I personally do.

When I get my haircut, I just let him throw the bib/smock over the gun.

Is that concealed... perhaps...

I'm on private property, the owner of the barbershop is the one that cuts my hair.

Would a police officer arrest me. Who knows.

I (we) of all people know the police make arrests all the time that are illegal, ill-advised, never result in charges, any number of things.

Would I be EAGER to take that one up in court. You betcha.

No one on this forum can predict what the police will do. If you want my advice, tuck the bib/smock around your gun so the gun isn't covered. In an abundance of caution, that is the only wise thing to do.

I wouldn't advocate for setting your gun on the counter. That doesn't seem safe to me.

At the end of the day I think most people would rather go home and blow hair off of their gun than possibly get harassed/detained/possibly arrested by the police, or deal with fighting a concealed weapons misdemeanor on constitutional groups.
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 04-20-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    This is not advice, its just what I personally do.

When I get my haircut, I just let him throw the bib/smock over the gun.

Is that concealed... perhaps...

I'm on private property, the owner of the barbershop is the one that cuts my hair.

Would a police officer arrest me. Who knows.

I (we) of all people know the police make arrests all the time that are illegal, ill-advised, never result in charges, any number of things.

Would I be EAGER to take that one up in court. You betcha.

No one on this forum can predict what the police will do. If you want my advice, tuck the bib/smock around your gun so the gun isn't covered. In an abundance of caution, that is the only wise thing to do.

I wouldn't advocate for setting your gun on the counter. That doesn't seem safe to me.

At the end of the day I think most people would rather go home and blow hair off of their gun than possibly get harassed/detained/possibly arrested by the police, or deal with fighting a concealed weapons misdemeanor on constitutional groups.
    You are totally correct, setting a gun on the counter is not a safe idea. I mentioned that because in discussion with my Barbette!!! She said the Leo's place their guns on the counter. Kind of a stupid idea if you ask me/
    Thanks to all for the advice. I plan on tucking the bib behind my gun and checking it over for debris when I get home. I do not want to take any kind of a chance with a CC on my person. I do not want to mess things up, we all have come far with regard to getting the laws changed along with constitutional carry.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    ahh man ! I was gonna say that !

I don't know G-Man; those glasses are way too 70's... that's gonna take some big polyester lapels to pull that look off.
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 04-20-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

I carry a 1911. I don't really care if it gets hair in it. It will fire regardless. No worries.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post
    I went to the (BEAUTY PARLOR) on Monday to have my hair cut. If I were to have a firearm in my possession? Covered by the sheet for the hair cut would constitute an concealed firearm? (correct)?.
    Correct. It would be in violation of current State Statute. There is no exception for haircuts. Case comments and past court cases have mentioned that it is a defense to a charge if it is in YOUR home or YOUR place of business, not while a customer in someone else's place of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Correct. It would be in violation of current State Statute. There is no exception for haircuts. Case comments and past court cases have mentioned that it is a defense to a charge if it is in YOUR home or YOUR place of business, not while a customer in someone else's place of business.
    Kind of what I figured.
    Thank You!

One more example of a real-life situation to show our legislators how the (stupid, illegal) law affects us.
    Can you imagine Tie-rone in da hood wondering about these things? No, 'cause he don' care 'bout no law. (Of course, he'll probably want to be facing the door the whole time, too, in case his business competition decides to take his market share.)

As for getting debris in/on the pistol, how 'bout putting a clear plastic bag over it from the top, sort of its own little hood?
    Not something I worry about, 'cause it's been at least 10 years since I had my hair cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Aren't modern firearms designed to operate when dirty? Is a little hair a big thing? If anything it give you an excuse to go to the range to get it dirtier, since you will want to clean it anyway.

I've been to my barber several times and just wear the smock over it. Never seen that many cops running through while I've been going there. Out of sight...out of mind especially for the young lady that cuts hair next to my guy, why create a scene