• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hair cut

theoicarry

I went to the (BEAUTY PARLOR) on Monday to have my hair cut. If I were to have a firearm in my possession? Covered by the sheet for the hair cut would constitute an concealed firearm? (correct)?
If that is the case. Can one place the firearm in the holster on the counter by the person cutting the hair?
I did not do this, but in discussion of this possibility have the women freaking. Would love to do this next time.
Ted.

littlewolf

I leave mine on. Your on private property,who's gonna complain ? not my barber.

protias

I believe you can get permission from the owner to CC on their property or you could just tuck the sheet behind your firearm, exposing it to the hair that will fall down.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
This is not advice, its just what I personally do.

When I get my haircut, I just let him throw the bib/smock over the gun.

Is that concealed... perhaps...

I'm on private property, the owner of the barbershop is the one that cuts my hair.

Would a police officer arrest me. Who knows.

I (we) of all people know the police make arrests all the time that are illegal, ill-advised, never result in charges, any number of things.

Would I be EAGER to take that one up in court. You betcha.

No one on this forum can predict what the police will do. If you want my advice, tuck the bib/smock around your gun so the gun isn't covered. In an abundance of caution, that is the only wise thing to do.

I wouldn't advocate for setting your gun on the counter. That doesn't seem safe to me.

At the end of the day I think most people would rather go home and blow hair off of their gun than possibly get harassed/detained/possibly arrested by the police, or deal with fighting a concealed weapons misdemeanor on constitutional groups.

Last edited:

theoicarry

This is not advice, its just what I personally do.

When I get my haircut, I just let him throw the bib/smock over the gun.

Is that concealed... perhaps...

I'm on private property, the owner of the barbershop is the one that cuts my hair.

Would a police officer arrest me. Who knows.

I (we) of all people know the police make arrests all the time that are illegal, ill-advised, never result in charges, any number of things.

Would I be EAGER to take that one up in court. You betcha.

No one on this forum can predict what the police will do. If you want my advice, tuck the bib/smock around your gun so the gun isn't covered. In an abundance of caution, that is the only wise thing to do.

I wouldn't advocate for setting your gun on the counter. That doesn't seem safe to me.

At the end of the day I think most people would rather go home and blow hair off of their gun than possibly get harassed/detained/possibly arrested by the police, or deal with fighting a concealed weapons misdemeanor on constitutional groups.

You are totally correct, setting a gun on the counter is not a safe idea. I mentioned that because in discussion with my Barbette!!! She said the Leo's place their guns on the counter. Kind of a stupid idea if you ask me/
Thanks to all for the advice. I plan on tucking the bib behind my gun and checking it over for debris when I get home. I do not want to take any kind of a chance with a CC on my person. I do not want to mess things up, we all have come far with regard to getting the laws changed along with constitutional carry.
Ted

Interceptor_Knight

I went to the (BEAUTY PARLOR) on Monday to have my hair cut. If I were to have a firearm in my possession? Covered by the sheet for the hair cut would constitute an concealed firearm? (correct)?.

Correct. It would be in violation of current State Statute. There is no exception for haircuts. Case comments and past court cases have mentioned that it is a defense to a charge if it is in YOUR home or YOUR place of business, not while a customer in someone else's place of business.

theoicarry

Correct. It would be in violation of current State Statute. There is no exception for haircuts. Case comments and past court cases have mentioned that it is a defense to a charge if it is in YOUR home or YOUR place of business, not while a customer in someone else's place of business.

Kind of what I figured.
Thank You!

MKEgal

One more example of a real-life situation to show our legislators how the (stupid, illegal) law affects us.
Can you imagine Tie-rone in da hood wondering about these things? No, 'cause he don' care 'bout no law. (Of course, he'll probably want to be facing the door the whole time, too, in case his business competition decides to take his market share.)

As for getting debris in/on the pistol, how 'bout putting a clear plastic bag over it from the top, sort of its own little hood?
Not something I worry about, 'cause it's been at least 10 years since I had my hair cut. :rolleyes:

TyGuy

Aren't modern firearms designed to operate when dirty? Is a little hair a big thing? If anything it give you an excuse to go to the range to get it dirtier, since you will want to clean it anyway.

BrewTownBagger

I've been to my barber several times and just wear the smock over it. Never seen that many cops running through while I've been going there. Out of sight...out of mind especially for the young lady that cuts hair next to my guy, why create a scene