Thread: Only in New York

Only in New York

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz1K1dbPylt

A school safety agent grabbed the gun from a wounded cop and exchanged fire with thieves trying to rob a Brooklyn auto parts store Saturday, law enforcement sources said.

The agent, who is not licensed to carry a gun, could face charges, sources said.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    I love how the "MTA bridges and tunnels" officer is labeled a "hero cop", and the School Safety Agent who possibly saves the "hero cop's" life is a criminal who may face charges. Ridiculous.

Kinda like Bernard Goetz. He'll never get charged for the actual act of shooting, or at least he won't get convicted, but he may be charged for unlawful possession.

This could be a good one for Alan Gura to take on if he has time and finds it to be important.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Kinda like Bernard Goetz. He'll never get charged for the actual act of shooting, or at least he won't get convicted, but he may be charged for unlawful possession.

This could be a good one for Alan Gura to take on if he has time and finds it to be important.
    OT:

Bernie Goetz never would have gotten a grand jury to indite him if he had just kept his mouth shut. After the first Grand Jury failed to indite, the prosecutor let him go free. Then he kept talking to the media about how terrible the police are and how unsafe the city was.....to shut him up they put him in front of a grand jury on other charges....
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 04-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    OT:

Bernie Goetz never would have gotten a grand jury to indite him if he had just kept his mouth shut. After the first Grand Jury failed to indite, the prosecutor let him go free. Then he kept talking to the media about how terrible the police are and how unsafe the city was.....to shut him up they put him in front of a grand jury on other charges....
    This is true... I saw a documentary on him a while back. His mental health issues, both before and after the shooting, spoke volumes about him. He would have been fine if he had kept his mouth shut.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

"No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436