Thread: Reversal of Dearth v. Holder Opens the Door to More Challenges of Federal Gun Laws

Reversal of Dearth v. Holder Opens the Door to More Challenges of Federal Gun Laws

A successful outcome from this decision would begin the start of dismantling the entire federal framework prohibiting the purchase of firearms outside of one’s state of residence.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/04/18/r...%28ammoland%29

Here is the opinion of the court given by Circuit Judge Ginsburg.
    GINSBURG, Circuit Judge: Plaintiffs Stephen Dearth and the Second Amendment Foundation, Inc. (SAF), seeking declaratory and injunctive relief, claim that portions of 18 U.S.C. § 922 and related regulations are unconstitutional because they prevent Dearth from purchasing a firearm. The district court dismissed the suit for lack of standing. Because we conclude Dearth does have standing, we reverse the judgment of the district court and remand the case to the district court for further proceedings.

Maybe we can send this to canada and buy all those guns they are destroying?
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

Very interesting!

Saving the link to read later.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    A successful outcome from this decision would begin the start of dismantling the entire federal framework prohibiting the purchase of firearms outside of one’s state of residence.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/04/18/r...%28ammoland%29

Here is the opinion of the court given by Circuit Judge Ginsburg.
    GINSBURG, Circuit Judge: Plaintiffs Stephen Dearth and the Second Amendment Foundation, Inc. (SAF), seeking declaratory and injunctive relief, claim that portions of 18 U.S.C. § 922 and related regulations are unconstitutional because they prevent Dearth from purchasing a firearm. The district court dismissed the suit for lack of standing. Because we conclude Dearth does have standing, we reverse the judgment of the district court and remand the case to the district court for further proceedings.
    Thanks for posting this article great info .
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Keep in mind that the actual case still has to be ruled on. All that was decided is that he has a right to go to court. If a court found that he lacked standing when he clearly did (ie they didn't want to hear the case because they don't want to overturn the law) that same court will probably bend over backwards to find against him during the actual case. This will be a long row to hoe as it will undoubtedly have to go all the way to the SCOTUS. Plan on at least three more years.

Would be a nice law to overturn, however, since it is stupid on the face of it. I wish Congress would just abolish it and save everybody the time and hassle.