Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Update

Open Carry Update

HB 841 has been passed out of comittee as of 04/12. Call your Reps!
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

Accomplished Advocate
    This is a chance to let some voices be heard, though they will likely not have a huge impact based upon the current climate. It could improve next years chances and a phone call and a letter is not a lot of effort to expend for perhaps some incremental improvement.

I will be doing so despte my very real thought that it will die in comittee, I hope a lot of others do so as well. Remeber to be professional and polite and never forget to VOTE!

I wrote mine!

Contacted my rep. Heres to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by patriotthad View Post
    HB 841 has been passed out of comittee as of 04/12. Call your Reps!
    I think you have it wrong. It looks like it just got assigned to the General Laws committee on the 12th.

Is it possible that when looking at the legislative calendar and then posting about a date we could put up the link to the item? That way, as it progresses thru we can easily check and see where it currently sits.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary....ar=2011&code=R
    Last edited by xc9subcompact; 04-21-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xc9subcompact View Post
    Is it possible that when looking at the legislative calendar and then posting about a date we could put up the link to the item? That way, as it progresses thru we can easily check and see where it currently sits.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary....ar=2011&code=R
    I would have, but I was on my phone, and that was a little long for me to memorize... Thanks for posting the link.

wrote mine but

Not sure where to find it...but if someone has the link to all REPS in all arears...it would be nice....

Thanks

Z

Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    Not sure where to find it...but if someone has the link to all REPS in all arears...it would be nice....

Thanks

Z
    GO Here:
    http://www.house.mo.gov/

everyone needs to at least email if not call if this is to have any chance at all. If it dies, we do it again and again and again!!!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

HB 841- assigned to General Laws Committee.
    The following email address is the committee chair, email him and encourage them to set a date for this bill in General Laws.
    Ward.Franz@house.mo.gov
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    HB 841- assigned to General Laws Committee.
    The following email address is the committee chair, email him and encourage them to set a date for this bill in General Laws.
    Ward.Franz@house.mo.gov
    Done also included Todd.Richardson@house.mo.gov as he is the Co Chair.

Done!

done (while eating jack in the box taco)... beat that

Notwithstanding any other provision- can anyone explain to me what this means, cause i love this bill cause it will shut alot of cops up and we can freely go about our day with been stopped and questioned

Quote Originally Posted by mobodyguard View Post
    Notwithstanding any other provision- can anyone explain to me what this means, cause i love this bill cause it will shut alot of cops up and we can freely go about our day with been stopped and questioned
    "Notwithstanding" basically means, "in spite of", or "regardless of". Used in this manner, it could be read to mean:

"In spite of any other provision...........", or;

"Regardless of any other provision...........".

Basically, the way I read it and IMNAL....if you have a CCW permit you will be able to carry openly in the eniter state, with wth exceptions set forth in the origianal CCW law...churches, school...ect..
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

It's intended to provide statewide preemption. It will not shut up a lot more cops, and will end up with a lot more requests for your CCW endorsements in localities that require CCW endorsements for OC. I suspect that just about every one will pass a CC for OC law within a year or two...

What I don't about it is how exactly does this wording work with the wording in RSMo 21.750.1 and 21.750.3 to preempt OC, but I can't seem to get an answer...

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    It will not shut up a lot more cops, and will end up with a lot more requests for your CCW endorsements in localities that require CCW endorsements for OC.
    Actually, that MIGHT happen in the very beginning but I doubt it. That would be on part with stopping you for no reason while driving just because it is a licensed activity.

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Actually, that MIGHT happen in the very beginning but I doubt it. That would be on part with stopping you for no reason while driving just because it is a licensed activity.
    I'd almost accept a wager on that one. Personally, I'd just stroll around Maplewoods, Wildwood, NKC, etc and see what happens. I would think they'd be allowed to stop and check ID by the courts, for the same reason they can check ID's while driving. I would hope not, but just see it shaking out that way. I bet a lot of those will harass simply because they can.

The LEOs would get use to it. It's my understanding they did in AZ. Headed there next month, I'll find out. Folks I've chatted with say the LEOs don't even look twice with folks OCing.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    It's intended to provide statewide preemption. It will not shut up a lot more cops, and will end up with a lot more requests for your CCW endorsements in localities that require CCW endorsements for OC. I suspect that just about every one will pass a CC for OC law within a year or two...

What I don't about it is how exactly does this wording work with the wording in RSMo 21.750.1 and 21.750.3 to preempt OC, but I can't seem to get an answer...
    Well i still believe it will, only thing they will ask can i see your ID and ur on ur way if u have a valid CCW, now if u dont thats ur problem

Accomplished Advocate
    Well i still believe it will, only thing they will ask can i see your ID and ur on ur way if u have a valid CCW, now if u dont thats ur problem
    Some of us believe in the constitution which clearly defines you have the right to bear arms and that is not to be questioned. Add to it ones right to be free of search and seizure, they are going to need more than participating in a legal licensed activity to legally stop you.

If I am not committing a crime I fully expect the government to leave me 100% alone.

I also consider it my problem if they do this to others, rights come from god and the government, you, nor I get to decide whom deserves to have them violated, all violations need to be dealt with swiftly.

I have no problem with a CCW requirement for OC. You are trained and made a commitment to observe the laws and accpet responsibility for having a firearm. The bad guys don't go through the trouible to get a CCW. They may be questioned, they may be arrested and rightfully so. Without a CCW requirement we may be inviting our own loss at OC. They won't need a CCW to go into a store with a firearm to hold themup or kill'em all. They still won't but it creates some what of a check and balance system. In the cities shooting are not uncommon, they make check you for CCW, in the rural area no one really much cares omne way or the other, but the LEOs will have the option.

Heck it's a great way to get the law abiding citizen and the LEOs to meet and chat! Nothing wrong with that, I like to meet the LEOs, I'm not their enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I have no problem with a CCW requirement for OC. You are trained and made a commitment to observe the laws and accpet responsibility for having a firearm. The bad guys don't go through the trouible to get a CCW. They may be questioned, they may be arrested and rightfully so. Without a CCW requirement we may be inviting our own loss at OC. They won't need a CCW to go into a store with a firearm to hold themup or kill'em all. They still won't but it creates some what of a check and balance system. In the cities shooting are not uncommon, they make check you for CCW, in the rural area no one really much cares omne way or the other, but the LEOs will have the option.

Heck it's a great way to get the law abiding citizen and the LEOs to meet and chat! Nothing wrong with that, I like to meet the LEOs, I'm not their enemy!
    So we should have training and background requirements to exercise our supposed rights?? That argument has never made sense to me.

Do you have to get a permit to say what you want? Or to be free from unwarranted search and seizure? So why the requirements with any other rights?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast