• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Update

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This is a chance to let some voices be heard, though they will likely not have a huge impact based upon the current climate. It could improve next years chances and a phone call and a letter is not a lot of effort to expend for perhaps some incremental improvement.

I will be doing so despte my very real thought that it will die in comittee, I hope a lot of others do so as well. Remeber to be professional and polite and never forget to VOTE!

kcgunfan

zekester

wrote mine but

Not sure where to find it...but if someone has the link to all REPS in all arears...it would be nice....

Thanks

Z

mobodyguard

Notwithstanding any other provision- can anyone explain to me what this means, cause i love this bill cause it will shut alot of cops up and we can freely go about our day with been stopped and questioned

cshoff

Notwithstanding any other provision- can anyone explain to me what this means, cause i love this bill cause it will shut alot of cops up and we can freely go about our day with been stopped and questioned

"Notwithstanding" basically means, "in spite of", or "regardless of". Used in this manner, it could be read to mean:

"In spite of any other provision...........", or;

"Regardless of any other provision...........".

zekester

Basically, the way I read it and IMNAL....if you have a CCW permit you will be able to carry openly in the eniter state, with wth exceptions set forth in the origianal CCW law...churches, school...ect..

kcgunfan

It's intended to provide statewide preemption. It will not shut up a lot more cops, and will end up with a lot more requests for your CCW endorsements in localities that require CCW endorsements for OC. I suspect that just about every one will pass a CC for OC law within a year or two...

What I don't about it is how exactly does this wording work with the wording in RSMo 21.750.1 and 21.750.3 to preempt OC, but I can't seem to get an answer...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It will not shut up a lot more cops, and will end up with a lot more requests for your CCW endorsements in localities that require CCW endorsements for OC.

Actually, that MIGHT happen in the very beginning but I doubt it. That would be on part with stopping you for no reason while driving just because it is a licensed activity.

kcgunfan

Actually, that MIGHT happen in the very beginning but I doubt it. That would be on part with stopping you for no reason while driving just because it is a licensed activity.

I'd almost accept a wager on that one. Personally, I'd just stroll around Maplewoods, Wildwood, NKC, etc and see what happens. I would think they'd be allowed to stop and check ID by the courts, for the same reason they can check ID's while driving. I would hope not, but just see it shaking out that way. I bet a lot of those will harass simply because they can.