Thread: Don't bring a lollipop to a gun fight.

Don't bring a lollipop to a gun fight.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/n...nte-ar-983923/
    Customer shot during robbery had confronted attacker with lollipops
    A bank customer who remains hospitalized after being shot during a daylight bank robbery in March had intervened by heaving a small bucket of complimentary lollipops, witnesses in the case testified Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    Im finding it really, really difficult to feel sorry for the man who got shot. What kind of person in their right mind confronts someone who has a gun? And then attacks them???

That man is a complete moron and hes lucky that the other shots fired by the criminal didnt hit other patrons of the bank.
    ....or perhaps at some point in his life the man decided he would Refuse To Be A Victim? Perhaps he knew, and understood the consequences of his actions.... and was willing to accept them? I guess its all in the perspective....

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    ....or perhaps at some point in his life the man decided he would Refuse To Be A Victim? ...
    He must have taken the class! - http://proactiveshooters.com/refuse-...ictim-classes/
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Ha! Exactly!!

Cool

Maybe he used to attend GMU. Throwing things is one of their promoted means of defense.

You know, instead of carrying a firearm.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    Im finding it really, really difficult to feel sorry for the man who got shot. What kind of person in their right mind confronts someone who has a gun? And then attacks them???

That man is a complete moron and hes lucky that the other shots fired by the criminal didnt hit other patrons of the bank.
    Your right - better to sit in the corner and be a good victim.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ber_of_victims

You think everything was over because the robbers were fleeing? Think again. A bank robbery in Chesterfield, Va. ended with a parking lot shooting where the the son of a local LEO was shot just for being there.

The unfortunate thing is that the man did not hit them with something made from lead. I can imagine that he reached the point of "enough is enough - it stops here."

Do I recommend throwing lollipops at a man w/gun - not really, but I can appreciate his willingness to take a stand. One day I'd like to tell him thank you and buy him dinner.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Your right - better to sit in the corner and be a good victim.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ber_of_victims

You think everything was over because the robbers were fleeing? Think again. A bank robbery in Chesterfield, Va. ended with a parking lot shooting where the the son of a local LEO was shot just for being there.

The unfortunate thing is that the man did not hit them with something made from lead. I can imagine that he reached the point of "enough is enough - it stops here."

Do I recommend throwing lollipops at a man w/gun - not really, but I can appreciate his willingness to take a stand. One day I'd like to tell him thank you and buy him dinner.
    If you ever set it up, I would like to go and pay half. The man had guts.