• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't bring a lollipop to a gun fight.

Claytron

Im finding it really, really difficult to feel sorry for the man who got shot. What kind of person in their right mind confronts someone who has a gun? And then attacks them???

That man is a complete moron and hes lucky that the other shots fired by the criminal didnt hit other patrons of the bank.

Blk97F150

Im finding it really, really difficult to feel sorry for the man who got shot. What kind of person in their right mind confronts someone who has a gun? And then attacks them???

That man is a complete moron and hes lucky that the other shots fired by the criminal didnt hit other patrons of the bank.

....or perhaps at some point in his life the man decided he would Refuse To Be A Victim? Perhaps he knew, and understood the consequences of his actions.... and was willing to accept them? I guess its all in the perspective....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Your right - better to sit in the corner and be a good victim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_murderers_and_spree_killers_by_number_of_victims

You think everything was over because the robbers were fleeing? Think again. A bank robbery in Chesterfield, Va. ended with a parking lot shooting where the the son of a local LEO was shot just for being there.

The unfortunate thing is that the man did not hit them with something made from lead. I can imagine that he reached the point of "enough is enough - it stops here."

Do I recommend throwing lollipops at a man w/gun - not really, but I can appreciate his willingness to take a stand. One day I'd like to tell him thank you and buy him dinner.

va_tazdad

Your right - better to sit in the corner and be a good victim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_murderers_and_spree_killers_by_number_of_victims

You think everything was over because the robbers were fleeing? Think again. A bank robbery in Chesterfield, Va. ended with a parking lot shooting where the the son of a local LEO was shot just for being there.

The unfortunate thing is that the man did not hit them with something made from lead. I can imagine that he reached the point of "enough is enough - it stops here."

Do I recommend throwing lollipops at a man w/gun - not really, but I can appreciate his willingness to take a stand. One day I'd like to tell him thank you and buy him dinner.

If you ever set it up, I would like to go and pay half. The man had guts.