• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[FUNDRAISER] Holding Philadelphia Responsible

ViperGTS19801

Hey everyone - Viper here - the time has come.

First of all, I want to thank everyone here who has shared their opinions and points of view in regards to the issues I have faced when spending time in the City of Philadelphia. Even those who have had dissenting opinions have been extremely helpful, as I know I am not perfect and I always appreciate constructive criticism just as much as the abounding support the members of the firearm-owning community have shown me.

I'm not super active on this forum, but many of you will be familiar with the encounters I have been involved with concerning the Philadelphia Police Department while lawfully and peacefully carrying my firearm unconcealed (detention, confiscation and arrest), and my lawyer and I have decided to file suit.

Please keep in mind that due to the amount of information that is already out there on the intarwebz, I cannot divulge much more.

My lawyer has decided to take the case on contingency, but to get the ball rolling, I need to put together a $2,500 retainer fee. Now, obviously, I will be putting as much of my own spare monies into this effort as I can afford to. However, the retainer fee is a bit steep for a bachelor such as myself, as was to be expected (honestly, it was a large part of the reason I didn't dig in and get a lawyer sooner).

Many of you have generously and repeatedly offered to help me take the city to task with these issues, as they are a part of a much larger picture than just myself and Philadelphia - this affects all of us who OC and has farther-reaching effects on all gun owners.

If you are willing to make a donation towards this end, big or small, it is greatly, GREATLY appreciated. I will be keeping a very close eye on any and all donations which come in for this case and anyone who does make a donation will be provided with a receipt of all monies collected upon request.

As times goes on, any donations will be tabulated and totals will be posted here. Any monies remaining after the retainer is paid will be held until the resolution of the case, at which point remaining monies will be appropriately donated to a pertinent organization to be determined.

Any donations you wish to send via PayPal can be sent to the following address: mark_fiorino AT comcast DOT net . If you do not have PayPal or would prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me for my lawyer's address and contact info - he recommended I give it to those who ask for it rather than post is publically. Again - if you donate via PayPal, I'll personally keep track of all donations to keep a total updated.

Again, thank you to EVERYONE who has participated in these discussions, and has offered to support and assist with the issues at hand. This website and it's members have been invaluable to me and I hope they continue to be for a long time to come.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here or in a PM.

Total donations received as of April 19th, 2011 (including $95 so far received in checks mailed to my attorney):
$2,907.41

Goal:
$3,500
(83.1%)

Last edited:

kadar

5 officers showed up at his job yesterday. He was out on the road.
He turned himself in this morning and is currently waiting for arraignment. (tomorrow)
He is being charged with Reckless Endangerment and Disorderly Conduct.

Curmudgeon

^ And he's being charged 2 months after the incident. Curiously, he's being charged after there has been talk about a civil litigation against the PPD.

Really Philly? Intimidation much? :cuss:

You can't make this stuff. I dare you to even try. /ed tom bell

I have already contributed, and I will be sending more, hopefully each week, until this all gets resolved. Philadelphia is the cesspool of Pennsylvania. Like Chicago, Wash DC, et al, these cities don't belong in America.