• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raleigh City Council opposes concealed handgun bill

Northerner

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9468023/

Reading this today, really pissed me off. :banghead: I responded of course in the WRAL Golo section:

"Hey Raleigh City Council (an elected position), I and many, many more of my friends and law abiding CHP holders will be taking our business and dollars elswhere. Both my wife and I, already feel uncomfortable and unsafe in certain areas of Raleigh. You and your Council elected officials just sealed the deal for me. See ya!" :mad:

I suggest those of you who believe in our Second Amendment rights to let the Raleigh Council persons know that you support the bill and oppose their 'vote.'

Let your opinions be known directly:

City Council Members •Mayor: Charles Meeker | email: charles.meeker@raleighnc.gov •District A: Nancy McFarlane | email: nancy.mcfarlane@raleighnc.gov •District B: John Odom | email: john.odom@raleighnc.gov •District C: Eugene Weeks | email: eugene.weeks@raleighnc.gov •District D: Thomas Crowder | email: thomas.crowder@raleighnc.gov •District E: Bonner Gaylord | email: bonner.gaylord@raleighnc.gov •At-Large: Mary-Ann Baldwin (Mayor Pro Tempore) | email: mary-ann.baldwin@raleighnc.gov •At-Large: Russ Stephenson | email: russ.stephenson@raleighnc.gov

Email the entire City Council at citycouncilors@raleighnc.gov

Northerner

Yup, one more reason not to frequent the capitol:cuss:, nice thing is Johnston Co. has just about all I need except Agri-Supply.

Isn't there one just passed the White Oak Plaza on the right going West on Rt 70? I OC'd there a few months ago picking up some cedar shavings and had no issues. It's not Johnston, maybe Wake County (i think), but that shouldn't stop you.

Last edited:

muccione

email sent.... I also told them to move to an unarmed country like England so they can feel safe...

NCSteveh

Isn't there one just passed the White Oak Plaza on the right going West on Rt 70? I OC'd there a few months ago picking up some cedar shavings and had no issues. It's not Johnston, maybe Wake County (i think), but that shouldn't stop you.

Yes there is, Just making a generalization. Ive OC'd there also with no problems.

chiefjason

Some of the board members in Mecklenburg are not happy either. Did you guys know that your rights are not one size fits all?

However, Commissioner Jennifer Roberts wasn't on board with the idea. Roberts said what's good for one county in the state is not necessarily right for Mecklenburg.
"We're not one size fits all," she said. "The state government should not be dictating what local governments, who are very diverse across the state, should be dictating for themselves."

And this...

"Even having a weapon in a locked trunk is very accessible to somebody who becomes irate and can run out to their car and get it," Roberts said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27416418/detail.html

I bet her head would explode if she knew I could keep it in my car anyway, and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. NC preempts localities from banning guns in cars.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-409.40.html

(f) Nothing contained in this section prohibits municipalities or counties from application of their authority under G.S. 153A‑129, 160A‑189, 14‑269, 14‑269.2, 14‑269.3, 14‑269.4, 14‑277.2, 14‑415.11, 14‑415.23, including prohibiting the possession of firearms in public‑owned buildings, on the grounds or parking areas of those buildings, or in public parks or recreation areas, except nothing in this subsection shall prohibit a person from storing a firearm within a motor vehicle while the vehicle is on these grounds or areas. Nothing contained in this section prohibits municipalities or counties from exercising powers provided by law in declared states of emergency under Article 36A of this Chapter.