Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does the "Three Percenter Movement" have to do with us at OCDO?

What does the "Three Percenter Movement" have to do with us at OCDO?

IMHO.....NOTHING! I just got this from the RTL reporter:

Hi David, Travis and Craig,

I hope this finds you well! I’m very pleased to let you know that the Open Carry/Three Percenters pieces, parts 1 and 2, will be airing today, Wednesday April 20 and tomorrow Thursday, April 21. They will air as part of our newscast at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. You can also watch live at: http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

I’ve attached a pdf of where to watch RT in various parts of the country as well.

Also, you can check out our youtube channel where we will post the video around 5 p.m: http://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica

All My Best,

---
    Kaelyn Forde

Let's hope this series turns out well!
    Last edited by ODA 226; 04-20-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

What is a 3%'r?
    Preferred weapon is a GBU-10 PavewayII but it's a little heavy for me
    For OC I have a Beretta 90-two Italian 9mm. Mi piace molto
    Beretta pre warnings 92fs stainless steel Italian 9mm
    Beretta 92fs compact USA 9mm
    Beretta Cougar 8000 9mm
    For fun it's an LMT AR-15 w/defender 2000 lower and a slide fire stock

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    nice job..
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Just caught the last bit of it...

From the discussion at the link Ed posted, it seems like OC might have gone over their heads. RT seems intent on injecting the idea that OC is anti-governmental.

Ben Cohen's "common sense" seems anything but.
    Last edited by t33j; 04-20-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post

From the discussion at the link Ed posted, it seems like OC might have gone over their heads. RT seems intent on injecting the idea that OC is anti-governmental.

I notice that too.

Is that video part 1 and 2? or is part 2 not out yet?
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 04-20-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

IMHO OCers are not anti-government, they are pro freedom. If the OC message seems anti- government, then it is probably because the reporter has accepted the government tyranny message that sacrificing liberty for security is good.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

It was a good piece until she tried to make a linkage between us and "anti-government" and "insurgency" groups. Then it turned to **** in 5 seconds...

This is going to be another hit piece that the antis will use against us....

Just for the record, I do not advocate the violent overthrow of the US Government nor do I associate with those who do.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    It was a good piece until she tried to make a linkage between us and "anti-government" and "insurgency" groups. Then it turned to **** in 5 seconds...

This is going to be another hit piece that the antis will use against us....

Just for the record, I do not advocate the violent overthrow of the US Government nor do I associate with those who do.
    Same, anyone wanting to do that is just a nut.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Wow, I'm sorry they did that to you at the end. The piece seemed to be fairly positive until the unatributed statements at the end. What a twist. By the way, you guys did a great job at the park. I was so tempted to come down. I'll try for next time.

That looked like A&P Arm's range.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post

Same, anyone wanting to do that is just a nut.
    Ok so I Googled 3%'r...interesting.

I am in accordance with the above quote HOWEVER, I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any time in the future.
    It would have to get pretty bad before I ever even considered it.
    Preferred weapon is a GBU-10 PavewayII but it's a little heavy for me
    For OC I have a Beretta 90-two Italian 9mm. Mi piace molto
    Beretta pre warnings 92fs stainless steel Italian 9mm
    Beretta 92fs compact USA 9mm
    Beretta Cougar 8000 9mm
    For fun it's an LMT AR-15 w/defender 2000 lower and a slide fire stock

Thumbs down

If you take the option off the table, then they know they can get away with anything.

The 2nd Amendment is the elephant in the room. Its intended purpose is to do exactly as you claim you never would.

In my opinion they have already gone well beyond the point of no return. Peace will not come to us while they remain in power. And since the last time we tried to sever those ties it cost over 600,000 lives and destroyed not one, but TWO countries in the process, it is unlikely that any contemporary attempts would end any differently.

Violence should always be reserved as the last option, but it must remain an option.

BTW, I am VERY anti-government. Government has shown me that they are only interested in taking away and making themselves more powerful at the expense of liberty. That disgusts me and I think our founding fathers would experience fits of intense vomiting and diarrhea if they were to witness what has become of their legacy.

And then they would go from door to door slapping the s**t out of each and every one of us for allowing it to happen.

I also do not care for the out-of-context interjection of the single statement of mine which was included.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    If you take the option off the table, then they know they can get away with anything.

The 2nd Amendment is the elephant in the room. Its intended purpose is to do exactly as you claim you never would.

In my opinion they have already gone well beyond the point of no return. Peace will not come to us while they remain in power. And since the last time we tried to sever those ties it cost over 600,000 lives and destroyed not one, but TWO countries in the process, it is unlikely that any contemporary attempts would end any differently.

Violence should always be reserved as the last option, but it must remain an option.

BTW, I am VERY anti-government. Government has shown me that they are only interested in taking away and making themselves more powerful at the expense of liberty. That disgusts me and I think our founding fathers would experience fits of intense vomiting and diarrhea if they were to witness what has become of their legacy.

And then they would go from door to door slapping the s**t out of each and every one of us for allowing it to happen.

I also do not care for the out-of-context interjection of the single statement of mine which was included.
    I think the point is that OCDO is about the discussion of lawful open carry, not our feelings about correcting government abuses. It's just not a topic that should be hung out for everyone to see.

Our founding Fathers had to babysit Benjamin Franklin because despite his wisdom, he couldn't keep his mouth shut in public.

There is a time and place for everything Wylde!

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    2 a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    6 a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    8 a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    That looked like A&P Arm's range.
    It was. It was also funny that she specifically wanted to film me shooting full auto and then showed only shooting in semi....More of my thoughts on this fiasco later.....
    Last edited by ODA 226; 04-21-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    As a VCDL Executive Member only (and therefore not one who speaks for the organization) I was distressed at this video. I dislike its statement that VCDL is a part of the greater "open carry" movement, since VCDL pointedly states it supports concealed carry, open carry, or no carry, at the individual's choice. I really dislike the attempt to marry OCDO and VCDL, but that's probably an individual prejudice.

Overall, I thought the piece rather prejudicing rather than open-minded.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    As a VCDL Executive Member only (and therefore not one who speaks for the organization) I was distressed at this video. I dislike its statement that VCDL is a part of the greater "open carry" movement, since VCDL pointedly states it supports concealed carry, open carry, or no carry, at the individual's choice. I really dislike the attempt to marry OCDO and VCDL, but that's probably an individual prejudice.

Tess, just like Sailor Kurt, mentioning that you are an Executive member gives the impression that you can speak for VCDL despite the disclaimer.

VCDL would be better off if it dedicated itself to the 2nd amendment rather than any particular style of carry or type of gun owner.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by ODA 226
    Agree.

Political commentary, both quoting from the past and discussing the present climate, is woven throughout the fabric of OCDO and the RKBA. It is when it becomes the principal subject or derails a thread on this site that rules may be stretched or broken.

Posting prolonged discussions or "campaigning" to hammer the point that the 2A exists to resist an unpopular government is NOT the focus, intent or purpose of OCDO. Yes such is RKBA related, but it is not OC specific. To use this forum to expound on that aspect detracts from the agenda desired and gives the opposition a wedge that we should not provide, either by word or deed.

OCDO does not advocate violence of any type to bring about change. Using education, the courts and the legislative process is the means advocated. The posted rule is quite clear on this matter:

"WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts."
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-21-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: addded
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Youu are right Tess, VCDL supports P4P and gun rights, so why the OCDO association?

The association of VCDL with open carry irked me as well Tess. VCDL supports P4P much more than it supports our OC rights. So why the association?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

I agree if by overthrow you mean offensive violence. Morality forbids doing what all governments do: steal by force of arms (they call it taxation) and slaughter on a massive scale (war, or "kinetic military action"). At some subjective point, enough is enough. 3%'s (from what I can tell) advocate armed rebellion if the state attempts forcible gun confiscation. I have no problem with that.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I am rather angry about this too, because I VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that while many VCDL members are also members of OCDO, the two are VERY separate entities. I also VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that the VCDL supports ALL modes of carry, prefering none over the other.

I am deployed now and can only write in small blocks, but I will try to comment more later.
    Last edited by ODA 226; 04-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    BTW, I am VERY anti-government.
    That's fine; I'm libertarian. My comment was to point out that OC has nothing (necessarily) to do with anti-government sentiment. That's not to say they are mutually exclusive but the connection isn't requisite.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thumbs up

That's fine; I'm libertarian. My comment was to point out that OC has nothing (necessarily) to do with anti-government sentiment. That's not to say they are mutually exclusive but the connection isn't requisite.
    Oh, no doubt. I just wanted to reinforce that some people DO feel that way and count myself among them.

One thing that I have striven to show people here on OCDO (and elsewhere) is that while I may advocate or defend certain principles, I make it clear that I in no way wish to force anyone else to hold those tenets.

Do what you will with yourself. It is when you begin to impose restrictions on me or attempt to deprive me of my beliefs for your own comfort or for some arbitrary sense of decorum that I draw the line.

The connection between the two CAN be drawn - but as you say it is not necessary to draw it, nor do proponents of either concerns necessarily draw it.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I am rather angry about this too, because I VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that while many VCDL members are also members of OCDO, the two are VERY separate entities. I also VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that the VCDL supports ALL modes of carry, prefering none over the other.

I am deployed now and can only write in small blocks, but I will try to comment more later.
    Indeed.

VCDL is a formal, legal entity with paid memberships. There are officers including a president, who has said that VCDL promotes the choice to CC, OC, or NoC.

OCDO on the other hand is an privately owned, open forum w/o formal membership - anyone with a computer can read what is posted here and joining in the discussions has no special requirements other than registering and following the rules.

That the purposes of each would seem similar should not be construed to indicate that either was part of the other.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

X
    Last edited by ODA 226; 04-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Here's Part Two!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica#p/u/8/mJ2e8z2F8wM

I'm sure that all the good people that helped us at the Ragged Island RWA Cleanup appreciate having their faces shown as Forde is refering to "Militia Members" and "Insurgent Groups"!
    Last edited by ODA 226; 04-22-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast