• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What does the "Three Percenter Movement" have to do with us at OCDO?

ODA 226

IMHO.....NOTHING! I just got this from the RTL reporter:

Hi David, Travis and Craig,

I hope this finds you well! I’m very pleased to let you know that the Open Carry/Three Percenters pieces, parts 1 and 2, will be airing today, Wednesday April 20 and tomorrow Thursday, April 21. They will air as part of our newscast at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. You can also watch live at: http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

I’ve attached a pdf of where to watch RT in various parts of the country as well.

Also, you can check out our youtube channel where we will post the video around 5 p.m: http://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica

All My Best,

---
Kaelyn Forde

Let's hope this series turns out well!

Last edited:

t33j

Just caught the last bit of it...

From the discussion at the link Ed posted, it seems like OC might have gone over their heads. :eek: RT seems intent on injecting the idea that OC is anti-governmental.

Ben Cohen's "common sense" seems anything but.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

From the discussion at the link Ed posted, it seems like OC might have gone over their heads. :eek: RT seems intent on injecting the idea that OC is anti-governmental.

I notice that too.

Is that video part 1 and 2? or is part 2 not out yet?

Last edited:

Thundar

IMHO OCers are not anti-government, they are pro freedom. If the OC message seems anti- government, then it is probably because the reporter has accepted the government tyranny message that sacrificing liberty for security is good.

ODA 226

It was a good piece until she tried to make a linkage between us and "anti-government" and "insurgency" groups. Then it turned to **** in 5 seconds...:cuss:

This is going to be another hit piece that the antis will use against us....

Just for the record, I do not advocate the violent overthrow of the US Government nor do I associate with those who do.

ocholsteroc

It was a good piece until she tried to make a linkage between us and "anti-government" and "insurgency" groups. Then it turned to **** in 5 seconds...:cuss:

This is going to be another hit piece that the antis will use against us....

Just for the record, I do not advocate the violent overthrow of the US Government nor do I associate with those who do.

Same, anyone wanting to do that is just a nut.

riverrat10k

Wow, I'm sorry they did that to you at the end. The piece seemed to be fairly positive until the unatributed statements at the end. What a twist. By the way, you guys did a great job at the park. I was so tempted to come down. I'll try for next time.

bajadudes

Same, anyone wanting to do that is just a nut.

Ok so I Googled 3%'r...interesting.

I am in accordance with the above quote HOWEVER, I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any time in the future.
It would have to get pretty bad before I ever even considered it.

wylde007

If you take the option off the table, then they know they can get away with anything.

The 2nd Amendment is the elephant in the room. Its intended purpose is to do exactly as you claim you never would.

In my opinion they have already gone well beyond the point of no return. Peace will not come to us while they remain in power. And since the last time we tried to sever those ties it cost over 600,000 lives and destroyed not one, but TWO countries in the process, it is unlikely that any contemporary attempts would end any differently.

Violence should always be reserved as the last option, but it must remain an option.

BTW, I am VERY anti-government. Government has shown me that they are only interested in taking away and making themselves more powerful at the expense of liberty. That disgusts me and I think our founding fathers would experience fits of intense vomiting and diarrhea if they were to witness what has become of their legacy.

And then they would go from door to door slapping the s**t out of each and every one of us for allowing it to happen.

I also do not care for the out-of-context interjection of the single statement of mine which was included.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If you take the option off the table, then they know they can get away with anything.

The 2nd Amendment is the elephant in the room. Its intended purpose is to do exactly as you claim you never would.

In my opinion they have already gone well beyond the point of no return. Peace will not come to us while they remain in power. And since the last time we tried to sever those ties it cost over 600,000 lives and destroyed not one, but TWO countries in the process, it is unlikely that any contemporary attempts would end any differently.

Violence should always be reserved as the last option, but it must remain an option.

BTW, I am VERY anti-government. Government has shown me that they are only interested in taking away and making themselves more powerful at the expense of liberty. That disgusts me and I think our founding fathers would experience fits of intense vomiting and diarrhea if they were to witness what has become of their legacy.

And then they would go from door to door slapping the s**t out of each and every one of us for allowing it to happen.

I also do not care for the out-of-context interjection of the single statement of mine which was included.

I think the point is that OCDO is about the discussion of lawful open carry, not our feelings about correcting government abuses. It's just not a topic that should be hung out for everyone to see.

Our founding Fathers had to babysit Benjamin Franklin because despite his wisdom, he couldn't keep his mouth shut in public.:lol:

There is a time and place for everything Wylde!

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
As a VCDL Executive Member only (and therefore not one who speaks for the organization) I was distressed at this video. I dislike its statement that VCDL is a part of the greater "open carry" movement, since VCDL pointedly states it supports concealed carry, open carry, or no carry, at the individual's choice. I really dislike the attempt to marry OCDO and VCDL, but that's probably an individual prejudice.

Overall, I thought the piece rather prejudicing rather than open-minded.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
As a VCDL Executive Member only (and therefore not one who speaks for the organization) I was distressed at this video. I dislike its statement that VCDL is a part of the greater "open carry" movement, since VCDL pointedly states it supports concealed carry, open carry, or no carry, at the individual's choice. I really dislike the attempt to marry OCDO and VCDL, but that's probably an individual prejudice.

Tess, just like Sailor Kurt, mentioning that you are an Executive member gives the impression that you can speak for VCDL despite the disclaimer.

VCDL would be better off if it dedicated itself to the 2nd amendment rather than any particular style of carry or type of gun owner.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ODA 226

Agree.

Political commentary, both quoting from the past and discussing the present climate, is woven throughout the fabric of OCDO and the RKBA. It is when it becomes the principal subject or derails a thread on this site that rules may be stretched or broken.

Posting prolonged discussions or "campaigning" to hammer the point that the 2A exists to resist an unpopular government is NOT the focus, intent or purpose of OCDO. Yes such is RKBA related, but it is not OC specific. To use this forum to expound on that aspect detracts from the agenda desired and gives the opposition a wedge that we should not provide, either by word or deed.

OCDO does not advocate violence of any type to bring about change. Using education, the courts and the legislative process is the means advocated. The posted rule is quite clear on this matter:

"WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts."

Last edited:

Thundar

Youu are right Tess, VCDL supports P4P and gun rights, so why the OCDO association?

The association of VCDL with open carry irked me as well Tess. VCDL supports P4P much more than it supports our OC rights. So why the association?

77zach

I agree if by overthrow you mean offensive violence. Morality forbids doing what all governments do: steal by force of arms (they call it taxation) and slaughter on a massive scale (war, or "kinetic military action"). At some subjective point, enough is enough. 3%'s (from what I can tell) advocate armed rebellion if the state attempts forcible gun confiscation. I have no problem with that.

Last edited:

ODA 226

I am rather angry about this too, because I VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that while many VCDL members are also members of OCDO, the two are VERY separate entities. I also VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that the VCDL supports ALL modes of carry, prefering none over the other.

I am deployed now and can only write in small blocks, but I will try to comment more later.

Last edited: