• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What does the "Three Percenter Movement" have to do with us at OCDO?

t33j

BTW, I am VERY anti-government.
That's fine; I'm libertarian. My comment was to point out that OC has nothing (necessarily) to do with anti-government sentiment. That's not to say they are mutually exclusive but the connection isn't requisite.

wylde007

That's fine; I'm libertarian. My comment was to point out that OC has nothing (necessarily) to do with anti-government sentiment. That's not to say they are mutually exclusive but the connection isn't requisite.
Oh, no doubt. I just wanted to reinforce that some people DO feel that way and count myself among them.

One thing that I have striven to show people here on OCDO (and elsewhere) is that while I may advocate or defend certain principles, I make it clear that I in no way wish to force anyone else to hold those tenets.

Do what you will with yourself. It is when you begin to impose restrictions on me or attempt to deprive me of my beliefs for your own comfort or for some arbitrary sense of decorum that I draw the line.

The connection between the two CAN be drawn - but as you say it is not necessary to draw it, nor do proponents of either concerns necessarily draw it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am rather angry about this too, because I VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that while many VCDL members are also members of OCDO, the two are VERY separate entities. I also VERY SPECIFICALLY told her that the VCDL supports ALL modes of carry, prefering none over the other.

I am deployed now and can only write in small blocks, but I will try to comment more later.

Indeed.

VCDL is a formal, legal entity with paid memberships. There are officers including a president, who has said that VCDL promotes the choice to CC, OC, or NoC.

OCDO on the other hand is an privately owned, open forum w/o formal membership - anyone with a computer can read what is posted here and joining in the discussions has no special requirements other than registering and following the rules.

That the purposes of each would seem similar should not be construed to indicate that either was part of the other.

45acpForMe

I was somewhat distrusting when I heard Russia Today wanted to interview people but hoped for a non-Politically-Correct piece that wasn't influenced by the local (USA) gun grabbers. I guess my initial gut reaction was correct. Why should we trust Pravda or any foreign press when their own countries are far worse with gun restrictions.

It would be different if they just wanted to document their opinion of our Wild West but their agenda of painting all gun owners as crazed militia members and militant insurgents waiting to take down the government is all too clear. I don't blame Travis or anyone interviewed with only snipits supporting their agenda being aired.

I don't have great expectations with any media. When they get 80% of the facts right I consider it a win. In this case I think unless there is some shocker of a "Just Kidding Folks!" in part three we (OCDO/VCDL members) are being slandered.

I had talked to the reporter after lunch briefly to let her know that while self defense was my main reason for carrying, having two daughters, boyfriend deterrance was an added plus. I had hoped that she would have seen loving fathers, concerned citizens (doing cleanup volunteer work) but I guess she chooses to do what will advance her career and sensationalize the topic.

Basically she either doesn't understand freedom/liberty or is just an opportunistic #*$%##.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was somewhat distrusting when I heard Russia Today wanted to interview people but hoped for a non-Politically-Correct piece that wasn't influenced by the local (USA) gun grabbers. I guess my initial gut reaction was correct. Why should we trust Pravda or any foreign press when their own countries are far worse with gun restrictions.

It would be different if they just wanted to document their opinion of our Wild West but their agenda of painting all gun owners as crazed militia members and militant insurgents waiting to take down the government is all too clear. I don't blame Travis or anyone interviewed with only snipits supporting their agenda being aired.

I don't have great expectations with any media. When they get 80% of the facts right I consider it a win. In this case I think unless there is some shocker of a "Just Kidding Folks!" in part three we (OCDO/VCDL members) are being slandered.

I had talked to the reporter after lunch briefly to let her know that while self defense was my main reason for carrying, having two daughters, boyfriend deterrance was an added plus. I had hoped that she would have seen loving fathers, concerned citizens (doing cleanup volunteer work) but I guess she chooses to do what will advance her career and sensationalize the topic.

Basically she either doesn't understand freedom/liberty or is just an opportunistic #*$%##.

That is the main reason I videoed the French interview here. Since I had a video of their video, any parts taken out of concept could be shown.

MSC 45ACP

I never even heard of "Three Percenters" until reading this thread.

Wow.

They make me seem almost Liberal {shudder}, and for most of my life, I've been seated somewhere to the right of Brother John Birch.

nova

Why did you draw your firearm in a public place?

Last edited:

wylde007

It was done on request and for effect. Prior to the exercise I unloaded and cleared the weapon.

Personally I was quite surprised with how quick my draw actually is.

However, the way she painted the 3% Movement was also disingenuous. The 3% are not intent on overthrowing the government. They are intent on resisting - and have simply refused to take any options off the table.

The Wolfhound

Aw Crap!

Anyone got some industrial strength tar remover? I think we got hit with a very broad brush. The most effective lies must have at their core a kernel of truth. I attribute that statment to Goebels but may have it wrong. That tactic has just been used on us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Have been asked by media reps to "show" them my handgun numerous times. I always politely decline.

I explain that I never unnecessarily handle it.

Nothing good can come of such a demonstration - too many chances for them to use it out of context, put negative spin on it just like was done here. I am of the opinion that a truly knowledgeable journalist would not ask such a question.

Repeater

ocholsteroc