• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen Shot on Metro Buss

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
If a person has already shot someone else, is now pointing the same pistol at another potential victim who is the bus driver, consider this. If the bus is moving, and the driver is shot/killed, what risk is YOUR life now placed in?

If you are only concerned about yourself, so be it but remember, a "driverless bus" with you as a passenger now threatens YOUR life just as if the gun was pointed at YOU.

Me, I'd take the shot if all the conditions were as reported in this case and the risk to others was no greater than already existed. Not only would the Self Defense Statute cover the situation but those that cover use of force in the defense of others.

I still believe in the axiom "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If we ever end up on the same bus, in this kind of situation, and heaven forbid, I am unarmed, just pass your firearm over to me if you are afraid to shoot.

I agree. +1