• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting on private property

bomber

A friend of mine has some private property west of C-470 near bowles. Its right on the east side of the hogback. This is Jeffco, but i'm not sure if it counts as being inside the city limits of Littleton or Morrison. he has about 10 acres. is it legal to shoot on his property?

JamesB

It should be.

DON'T QUOTE ME. I don't know the exact limits there either, but most of that area is unincorperated. It should be fairly easy to find maps of city limits around the area, either online or at city hall.

And just make sure what you are doing is safe. The guys with the flashy lights may show up (it's still fairly close to populated areas) but if everything you are doing is safe (ears, eyes, backstop...), likely they will chat for a min then get up and leave.

bomber

It should be.

DON'T QUOTE ME. I don't know the exact limits there either, but most of that area is unincorperated. It should be fairly easy to find maps of city limits around the area, either online or at city hall.

And just make sure what you are doing is safe. The guys with the flashy lights may show up (it's still fairly close to populated areas) but if everything you are doing is safe (ears, eyes, backstop...), likely they will chat for a min then get up and leave.

so unincorporated jeffco "should" be ok?

the backstop should be good, its basically a small mountian