• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why are they placing "Deer Season" before right-to-carry?

Support The 2nd

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB99hst.html

AB -99 Eliminates "earn-a-buck" and drastically curtails the DNR's ability to to have T-Zone (early rifle) seasons. I am a deer hunter; I am not saying I'm opposed to the bill; but, the Assembly taking up THIS bill before passing constitutional carry, allowing the people to freely exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms, is unconscionable. Please contact these assemblymen and senators to let them know that placing the deer season before personal security is unacceptable.

Tiffany, Mursau, Bernier, Endsley, Jacque, Kerkman, Kestell, Kleefisch, Krug, T. Larson, Litjens, Nygren, J. Ott, Petryk, Pridemore,Rivard, Severson, Spanbauer and Steineke; cosponsored by: Senators Moulton, Kedzie, Cowles, S. Fitzgerald, Galloway, Harsdorf and Lasee.

(edit)
Assembly Bill 99 has been scheduled for a public hearing by Committee on Natural Resources in the Assembly. Date/time: April 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM. That's next Wednesday. If we could get 10-15 people to submit comments or testify DEMANDING to know why they are placing the "deer" before "the people" they might start to get the idea.

Last edited:
M

McX

Deer rights! Deer rights! this message has been brought to you by the left.

Trip20

Oh didn't you hear? They're waiting until *possibly* fall before introducing any CC legislation.

This is because they're busy doing important things like dealing with the budget, deer rights and, you know, dealing with those notorious novelty lighters.

:cuss::banghead:

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I just emailed the lot of them and basically said...WTF ?? Deer hunting is more important that Wisconsin residents safety ??? ( No I did not say WTF ) then I said if you can introduce deer hunting legislation then you can also introduce Concealed Carry NOW.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is what I sent to my Senator and Representative:

Really? We are 'too busy with the budget' to work on Constitutional Carry but we have time to mess with deer hunting?

Not that I'm against this bill but why don't we do something that could affect every person in WI instead of the minority that hunt. I have nothing against hunters, I just want the right to protect myself.

protias

I just called Sen Galloway's officer. The gentleman I spoke with said that is just the public hear, not a vote. As for carry laws, he said it should be shortly, but it will be voted on before this fall. It is not getting pushed off.

protias

I just talked with the aid from Rich Zipperer's office and he said Zipperer agrees with us on needing a better carry law (which should be coming out in the coming weeks) and a good castle doctrine law. I let him know I'd prefer to be able to protect where ever I am at and that we should expand castle doctrine. The aid agreed with me and said the Senator also agrees with that.

I also talked with Representative Paul Farrow and talked with him about these same things. I forwarded him the FL Stand Your Ground law. He said he'll read it this weekend.

We are moving this state FORWARD.

CalicoJack10

I think that this is not an issue that we should stress about. However, I do think it is a good reason for us to show that we are not willing to continue to take a back seat anymore. So I say we contact them about this just because it is a peaceful way of pushing the issue without being overbearing.

Let's let em' all know we want constitutional carry NOW!

MKEgal

things our Senators think are more important than self-defense:

(And this is just what they've done during April, mind you)...
Senate Bill 50: wind energy system rules
SB 53 refunding WI college fees for veterans
SB 59 affecting the deadline to register a pier w/ the DNR
SB 62 bass fishing tournaments
SB 63-4 adoption records
SB 66 property tax exemption for a nonprofit store
SB 68 requiring the DOT to have a toll-free phone #
SB 69 tax credit for private school tuition
SB 70 increasing the filing fee for small claims actions
SB 71 microstamping!!! *
SB 72 bear hunting
SB 73 about the power of attorneys to issue subpoenas

* this was introduced on the 20th and sent to the Labor, Public Safety, & Urban Affairs committee.
Sponsors are: SEN Coggs & Risser
REP Young, Coggs, Kessler, Sinicki, Bercean, Grigsby, Hulsy & Turner
I've already sent letters to Sen. Coggs, Rep. Young, & my Rep. explaining why this is a waste of time.
Maybe I should send paper to the other 8, too. Maybe they just don't know any better.
Then again, putting facts in front of them might be a waste of time. Sen. Coggs did this same thing in 09.

I included 2 pages from the www.gunfacts.info PDF about microstamping, and 2 pictures I took at the range earlier this week showing the dozens of casings lying about, and the hundreds (maybe thousands) of casings that had already been swept into a pile.

phred

If they want to do anything with the DNR rules, they should eliminate the "one gun" rule for the hunter mentor program. Currently, the mentor cannot carry his/her sidearm while mentoring the mentee. Even though the mentor is supposed to be within arm's reach of the mentee and his/her gun, I would feel much more comfortable carrying my own sidearm while mentoring.

anmut

If they want to do anything with the DNR rules, they should eliminate the "one gun" rule for the hunter mentor program. Currently, the mentor cannot carry his/her sidearm while mentoring the mentee. Even though the mentor is supposed to be within arm's reach of the mentee and his/her gun, I would feel much more comfortable carrying my own sidearm while mentoring.

Couldn't agree with you more on that. At least a sidearm if not a long gun.