• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion. Perp looks exactly like resident

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Thursday morning, a man awoke to find someone looking just like him there in his bedroom. He opened fire. Nobody was hurt but the mirror was destroyed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27625042/detail.html

Maybe those who have mirrors in their bedrooms need to cover them at night to avoid the risk of all that bad luck.

Sounds like a case of identity theft.:lol:

TechnoWeenie

drill.jpg

HeesBonafide

"saw man pointing a gun at me..." Cop statement

Thursday morning, a man awoke to find someone looking just like him there in his bedroom. He opened fire. Nobody was hurt but the mirror was destroyed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27625042/detail.html

Maybe those who have mirrors in their bedrooms need to cover them at night to avoid the risk of all that bad luck.

Growing up, my neighbor was a cop and I asked him after he retired if he ever fired in the line of duty and he told me,"I pulled my gun out twice and fired it once..."

The time he "almost" fired was for a break in at a local doctor's office and he came in to the office with his gun drawn and turned a corner and came, "face to face with another man pointing a gun a me.." He "almost fired" when he realized that he was looking in a mirror.

We were ALL laughing histerically at that and then he responded,"you think that was funny, imagine how much **** I would received if I actually fired?!?!?" Even more laughs!!

Imagine the days when a cop only had to pull their guns twice in their career...

KBCraig

1970: I'm six years old, and a big fan of the ABC series "Here Come the Brides". I beg for, and receive, the "Here Comes Bobby" album from the "Brides" star Bobby Sherman, who was also a pop music singer. It's a fold-out album cover showing Bobby in a full head-toes portrait shot, about 4 feet long at full extension, and I tacked it to my bedroom door.

Dad worked a relief shift, all three primary shifts plus overtime, and averaged about 60 hours a week. Middle of the night after I hung that album cover, he stumbled out of their bedroom (right across the hall from mine) for a bathroom trip, saw the guy standing in his kid's bedroom doorway, and knocked the door off the hinges with a big side-kick.

I slept through it all, and it took him years before he could laugh about it. ;)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
When I read this my first thought was that he was playing fast draw and shot the mirror by accident (stupidity) and this was the only story he could come up with.