Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypocritical gun store???

Hypocritical gun store???

Am I the only one on this forum who finds a gun store that doesn't allow customers to open carry hypocritical?

I went to a store/range today and was questioned why I was carrying in the store and was informed that only employees were allowed to defend themselves in that particular establishment.

Is it me? Because I was completely dumb founded ???

Isn't this like a tobacco shop that doesn't allow smoking

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Which store?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Badger outdoors

I would say that's the last time you should go there.

What sucks Is that I really like that place. Ive bought multiple guns from them, defend them till I'm blue in the face when they have bad press and I've even contributed to their legal fund and attorney fees. I guess I feel more let down then anything.

Why are my safety and rights not worth protecting?

Gander Mnt.

I just came from Gander in Baraboo, was there about one hour or so looking at (guns) also had my 40 cal, on my side, no problems. They have always been oc friendly. Going back tomorrow to purchase two.
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

Badger Guns and I believe Shooters Shop do not allow it. I'm not sure about Shorty's Shooting Goods allows it, but it would be hard to carry there since it is in the 1000' GFSZ.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Paddock Lake Sports (sells guns) allows Open Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    Am I the only one on this forum who finds a gun store that doesn't allow customers to open carry hypocritical?

I went to a store/range today and was questioned why I was carrying in the store and was informed that only employees were allowed to defend themselves in that particular establishment.

Is it me? Because I was completely dumb founded ???

Isn't this like a tobacco shop that doesn't allow smoking
    Amen brotha. I won't spend a dime at stores like this.

There was an earlier post some time ago about this. Someone said that the shooters shop dosnt allow it because of Insurance issues but I say if thats the case then why does any store have to allow opencarry, they carry insurance to. I will not go to badgers or shooters for this reason, HYPOCRITES to the max. You will probably get someone posting in defense of these HYPOCRITES but its up to you, i say dont give them any money for any reason. Money is all they want and your rights dont matter.

Now that I know this...I hope their business practices get em closed down....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I have OC'd there. Though it has been a while, since Butch still owned the place. But I have also been in there on occasion where gang bangers come in to use the range and pull loaded guns out of their pockets. I am thinking that it is mainly based on the people that frequent the place. I am sure that they don't want someone walking in with a few buddies and deciding to rob the place.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan supports OC, is locally owned and is a nice guy. Even if it's a couple bucks more, I buy from him.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I have OC'd there. Though it has been a while, since Butch still owned the place. But I have also been in there on occasion where gang bangers come in to use the range and pull loaded guns out of their pockets. I am thinking that it is mainly based on the people that frequent the place. I am sure that they don't want someone walking in with a few buddies and deciding to rob the place.
    You're probably right, but I went there straight from my office and was wearing a button down dress shirt and kakis.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan supports OC, is locally owned and is a nice guy. Even if it's a couple bucks more, I buy from him.
    I live in Verona (just outside of madison) and bought my first handgun from them. Great store, Great service.... go there!
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I would say that's the last time you should go there.
    I would say that I will _never_ go there!

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    [...] I am thinking that it is mainly based on the people that frequent the place. I am sure that they don't want someone walking in with a few buddies and deciding to rob the place.
    nobody wants that, but how should that fear restrict my rights?

I have OC'ed in Badger with no issues. I even talked to the owner about OC and he said as long as you don't act like an idiot in his store, he has no issue with OC'ing in his store.

Quote Originally Posted by xd40arff View Post
    I have OC'ed in Badger with no issues. I even talked to the owner about OC and he said as long as you don't act like an idiot in his store, he has no issue with OC'ing in his store.
    The owner certainly acted like an idiot when I openly carried an EMPTY holster into his store. I was there to pick up a pistol I purchased and then use the free hour on the range.

I carried my bag full of pistols into the store ... with many loaded magazines.

So what is the difference between open carry and a bag full of handguns ... I'm still armed!

On a side note ... while using the range there were three idiots "shooting" with questionable safety practices. I did not stay long.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    What sucks Is that I really like that place. Ive bought multiple guns from them, defend them till I'm blue in the face when they have bad press and I've even contributed to their legal fund and attorney fees. I guess I feel more let down then anything.

Why are my safety and rights not worth protecting?
    Not too long ago one of the owners or former owners solicited former gov Doyle to make Badger Gun/Badger Outdoors the ONLY FFL to do the transfers and back ground checks for ANY AND ALL gun shows that took place in the State of Wisconsin.
    Also too at the same time they petitioned Doyle to enact a law to give any person (that resides in Milwaukee County) that borrowed a handgun from a person outside Milwaukee County 72 hrs to register the Transfer of Possession (not ownership).

ie: Say you live in Jackson County and I live in Milwaukee County.....and You loaned me your scoped .44 mag S&W so I could deer hunt with a pistol (in say Rock County for example) Because I reside in Milwaukee County (where the pistol would be primarily kept when I wasnt using it hunting.) I would have 72 hrs to show up at the Milwaukee Police Dept and register the transfer of possession from you to me.

Penalty:10ys prison and a very hefty fine (the amount escapes me at the moment)
    with alot of zeroes and a comma.And of course you now have a new title.....Felon

Feel free to defend them all you care too. Thats your choice. I understand it,and respect it.

Meantime, I wont step one foot into their parking lot. Not even for a cool million in cash and tax free.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you,or anything like that.
    Your questioning whether or not they have hypocritical practices.

All I am saying is: Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

LR Yote.
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 04-25-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Not too long ago one of the owners or former owners solicited former gov Doyle to make Badger Gun/Badger Outdoors the ONLY FFL to do the transfers and back ground checks for ANY AND ALL gun shows that took place in the State of Wisconsin.
    Also too at the same time they petitioned Doyle to enact a law to give any person (that resides in Milwaukee County) that borrowed a handgun from a person outside Milwaukee County 72 hrs to register the Transfer of Possession (not ownership).

ie: Say you live in Jackson County and I live in Milwaukee County.....and You loaned me your scoped .44 mag S&W so I could deer hunt with a pistol (in say Rock County for example) Because I reside in Milwaukee County (where the pistol would be primarily kept when I wasnt using it hunting.) I would have 72 hrs to show up at the Milwaukee Police Dept and register the transfer of possession from you to me.

with alot of zeroes and a comma.And of course you now have a new title.....Felon

Feel free to defend them all you care too. Thats your choice. I understand it,and respect it.

Meantime, I wont step one foot into their parking lot. Not even for a cool million in cash and tax free.

LR Yote.
    Yote, is there any way you can offer some links to some stories about this? I believe you, just in keeping with the forums general rules about citations.

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post

LR Yote.
    If that is true, I will absolutely never shop their again. Can you point to any details or sources?

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I like that place, its an amazing little shop that has more inventory than places twice its size.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I,ve OC'd at Badgerwith no questions asked. I realy don't buy anything there just check out stuff I might want to sell in my shop.

My place is OPEN CARRY friendly and CHEAPER !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post

My place is OPEN CARRY friendly and CHEAPER !
    Pleasant transactions too!
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast