• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hypocritical gun store???

BrewTownBagger

Am I the only one on this forum who finds a gun store that doesn't allow customers to open carry hypocritical?

I went to a store/range today and was questioned why I was carrying in the store and was informed that only employees were allowed to defend themselves in that particular establishment.

Is it me? Because I was completely dumb founded ???

Isn't this like a tobacco shop that doesn't allow smoking :banghead:

BrewTownBagger

What sucks Is that I really like that place. Ive bought multiple guns from them, defend them till I'm blue in the face when they have bad press and I've even contributed to their legal fund and attorney fees. I guess I feel more let down then anything.

Why are my safety and rights not worth protecting?

theoicarry

Gander Mnt.

I just came from Gander in Baraboo, was there about one hour or so looking at (guns) also had my 40 cal, on my side, no problems. They have always been oc friendly. Going back tomorrow to purchase two.

protias

Badger Guns and I believe Shooters Shop do not allow it. I'm not sure about Shorty's Shooting Goods allows it, but it would be hard to carry there since it is in the 1000' GFSZ.

1FASTC4

Am I the only one on this forum who finds a gun store that doesn't allow customers to open carry hypocritical?

I went to a store/range today and was questioned why I was carrying in the store and was informed that only employees were allowed to defend themselves in that particular establishment.

Is it me? Because I was completely dumb founded ???

Isn't this like a tobacco shop that doesn't allow smoking :banghead:

Amen brotha. I won't spend a dime at stores like this.

Russf

There was an earlier post some time ago about this. Someone said that the shooters shop dosnt allow it because of Insurance issues but I say if thats the case then why does any store have to allow opencarry, they carry insurance to. I will not go to badgers or shooters for this reason, HYPOCRITES to the max. You will probably get someone posting in defense of these HYPOCRITES but its up to you, i say dont give them any money for any reason. Money is all they want and your rights dont matter.

CalicoJack10

I have OC'd there. Though it has been a while, since Butch still owned the place. But I have also been in there on occasion where gang bangers come in to use the range and pull loaded guns out of their pockets. I am thinking that it is mainly based on the people that frequent the place. I am sure that they don't want someone walking in with a few buddies and deciding to rob the place.

BrewTownBagger

I have OC'd there. Though it has been a while, since Butch still owned the place. But I have also been in there on occasion where gang bangers come in to use the range and pull loaded guns out of their pockets. I am thinking that it is mainly based on the people that frequent the place. I am sure that they don't want someone walking in with a few buddies and deciding to rob the place.

You're probably right, but I went there straight from my office and was wearing a button down dress shirt and kakis.

xd40arff

I have OC'ed in Badger with no issues. I even talked to the owner about OC and he said as long as you don't act like an idiot in his store, he has no issue with OC'ing in his store.

Peacekeeper

I have OC'ed in Badger with no issues. I even talked to the owner about OC and he said as long as you don't act like an idiot in his store, he has no issue with OC'ing in his store.

The owner certainly acted like an idiot when I openly carried an EMPTY holster into his store. I was there to pick up a pistol I purchased and then use the free hour on the range.

I carried my bag full of pistols into the store ... with many loaded magazines.

So what is the difference between open carry and a bag full of handguns ... I'm still armed!

On a side note ... while using the range there were three idiots "shooting" with questionable safety practices. I did not stay long.

LR Yote 312

What sucks Is that I really like that place. Ive bought multiple guns from them, defend them till I'm blue in the face when they have bad press and I've even contributed to their legal fund and attorney fees. I guess I feel more let down then anything.

Why are my safety and rights not worth protecting?

Not too long ago one of the owners or former owners solicited former gov Doyle to make Badger Gun/Badger Outdoors the ONLY FFL to do the transfers and back ground checks for ANY AND ALL gun shows that took place in the State of Wisconsin.
Also too at the same time they petitioned Doyle to enact a law to give any person (that resides in Milwaukee County) that borrowed a handgun from a person outside Milwaukee County 72 hrs to register the Transfer of Possession (not ownership).

ie: Say you live in Jackson County and I live in Milwaukee County.....and You loaned me your scoped .44 mag S&W so I could deer hunt with a pistol (in say Rock County for example) Because I reside in Milwaukee County (where the pistol would be primarily kept when I wasnt using it hunting.) I would have 72 hrs to show up at the Milwaukee Police Dept and register the transfer of possession from you to me.

Penalty:10ys prison and a very hefty fine (the amount escapes me at the moment)
with alot of zeroes and a comma.And of course you now have a new title.....Felon

Feel free to defend them all you care too. Thats your choice. I understand it,and respect it.

Meantime, I wont step one foot into their parking lot. Not even for a cool million in cash and tax free.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you,or anything like that.
Your questioning whether or not they have hypocritical practices.

All I am saying is: Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

LR Yote.

Last edited: