• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hypocritical gun store???

paul@paul-fisher.com

Not too long ago one of the owners or former owners solicited former gov Doyle to make Badger Gun/Badger Outdoors the ONLY FFL to do the transfers and back ground checks for ANY AND ALL gun shows that took place in the State of Wisconsin.
Also too at the same time they petitioned Doyle to enact a law to give any person (that resides in Milwaukee County) that borrowed a handgun from a person outside Milwaukee County 72 hrs to register the Transfer of Possession (not ownership).

ie: Say you live in Jackson County and I live in Milwaukee County.....and You loaned me your scoped .44 mag S&W so I could deer hunt with a pistol (in say Rock County for example) Because I reside in Milwaukee County (where the pistol would be primarily kept when I wasnt using it hunting.) I would have 72 hrs to show up at the Milwaukee Police Dept and register the transfer of possession from you to me.

Penalty:10ys prison and a very hefty fine (the amount escapes me at the moment)
with alot of zeroes and a comma.And of course you now have a new title.....Felon

Feel free to defend them all you care too. Thats your choice. I understand it,and respect it.

Meantime, I wont step one foot into their parking lot. Not even for a cool million in cash and tax free.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you,or anything like that.
Your questioning whether or not they have hypocritical practices.

All I am saying is: Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

LR Yote.

Yote, is there any way you can offer some links to some stories about this? I believe you, just in keeping with the forums general rules about citations.

BrewTownBagger

Not too long ago one of the owners or former owners solicited former gov Doyle to make Badger Gun/Badger Outdoors the ONLY FFL to do the transfers and back ground checks for ANY AND ALL gun shows that took place in the State of Wisconsin.
Also too at the same time they petitioned Doyle to enact a law to give any person (that resides in Milwaukee County) that borrowed a handgun from a person outside Milwaukee County 72 hrs to register the Transfer of Possession (not ownership).

ie: Say you live in Jackson County and I live in Milwaukee County.....and You loaned me your scoped .44 mag S&W so I could deer hunt with a pistol (in say Rock County for example) Because I reside in Milwaukee County (where the pistol would be primarily kept when I wasnt using it hunting.) I would have 72 hrs to show up at the Milwaukee Police Dept and register the transfer of possession from you to me.

Penalty:10ys prison and a very hefty fine (the amount escapes me at the moment)
with alot of zeroes and a comma.And of course you now have a new title.....Felon

Feel free to defend them all you care too. Thats your choice. I understand it,and respect it.

Meantime, I wont step one foot into their parking lot. Not even for a cool million in cash and tax free.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you,or anything like that.
Your questioning whether or not they have hypocritical practices.

All I am saying is: Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

LR Yote.

If that is true, I will absolutely never shop their again. Can you point to any details or sources?

littlewolf

I,ve OC'd at Badgerwith no questions asked. I realy don't buy anything there just check out stuff I might want to sell in my shop.

My place is OPEN CARRY friendly and CHEAPER !

Wolf1477

Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan supports OC, is locally owned and is a nice guy. Even if it's a couple bucks more, I buy from him.

Wow, I haven't been there in years. Bought my very first firearm ever from there (870 Wingmaster) when I was 18, while we were talking to him, his son took the shotgun in the back and installed sling mounts and a new leather sling for free, excellent people.

I'd heard they'd gone out of business, it's great to know that's not the case...I'm most definitely going to have to stop back in next time I'm in the area. Dam Road followed by a trip to Hernandez, wonder if they still got those innocent lookin' veggies sittin on the tables...

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

Yote, is there any way you can offer some links to some stories about this? I believe you, just in keeping with the forums general rules about citations.

After looking for an hour and a half,I wasnt able to find much.
Bear with me a sec for quick rundown.

At the time this was happening I was an uneducated member over at Barfcom (ar15.com) and had contributed to a thread in Wisconsin and shared pretty much the same info,which I had gotten from an e-mail alert from one of the other Wi. based gun organizations. I (wasnt a member of that Wi based gun org/forum) just had signed up for the e mail alerts from them.

Another member had asked for some validation.Word of the validation request got back to the e-mails author,who created an account with Barfcom and used his first post to validate the e mail and request on Barfcom.

My account with Barfcom is no longer valid as its been a few years since I was on there last.

Some of our older members may recognize his screen name.
Now I dont know Monkeylegs personally...Never met him and I doubt very much if he will remember that particular e mail and the turn of events as it occurred 5-6 years ago.Maybe he will....I cant say.....But yeah,he was the author of the e mail.

What info I did find was from another forum. The High Road.
But for some reason when I try to double check the link it comes up....Error not found. Maybe your Google-Fu is stronger than mine.
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-203292.html

I think it had something to do with Doyle proposing to raise background check fees and Nick B. (the then owner of Badger) was all for it....and all for closing the so called "gun show loop hole" and performing background checks at gun shows.
One of the News Stations had a video clip of Mitch B. runnin his yap.

Also for the record I think I spoke incorrectly...It was former Mayor Barret that was trying to propose a Bill regarding handgun change of possession registration in Milwaukee County.

LR Yote

Last edited:

hardballer

My shadow will never darken their door. If all they want in their store are "Idiots", so be it 'cause with a policy like that, that is all they will have...

protias

Fletcher's in Waukesha allows/allowed OC as well. They just prohibited firing from the holster.
Firing from the holster? How do you reach the trigger while the firearm stays in it? :p Oh, you mean drawing from the holster and firing? Unfortunately they stopped allowing that when a guy's loaded firearm fell from the bench, grabbed it in midair, and had a 7.62x25 round get lodged into his femur. :shocker:

Last edited:

oak1971

Firing from the holster? How do you reach the trigger while the firearm stays in it? :p Oh, you mean drawing from the holster and firing? Unfortunately they stopped allowing that when a guy's loaded firearm fell from the bench, grabbed it in midair, and had a 7.62x25 round get lodged into his femur. :shocker:

If it was on the bench when it fell, why ban the draw and shoot? Not that I do that anyway but....

LR Yote 312

"What info I did find was from another forum. The High Road.
But for some reason when I try to double check the link it comes up....Error not found. Maybe your Google-Fu is stronger than mine.
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-203292.html
"

My "Google-Fu" was strong....

Article about Badger being the nations #1 seller (again) of guns used in crimes...??

Outdoorsman1

Nope...shouldnt have been an article.

It was a forum page with several contributors to a conversation about
Doyle raising back ground check fees from $8 to over $24.

Along with who stood to profit....and where......and whose pocket these fees were
coming from.

Like gun show background check money....

About three or four posts down from the top of the page Monkey legs joins in the conversation....and adds his suspicions....and later confirms them.

LR Yote