• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Layers of Editorial Oversight" (press coverage of OC rally in Pasadena)

amzbrady

I have seen this reference a few times now, "you dont need your gun to buy a cheeseburger". Maybe not, you may need it to be able to sit down and eat your cheeseburger. I think this is said by people who dont go out and buy cheeseburgers or by people who are in law enforcement and carry themselves. Do they say we dont need to carry because police are just so freaking handy?

Heres an example of how handy the police really are.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec0_1303444048

john-in-reno

I have seen this reference a few times now, "you dont need your gun to buy a cheeseburger". Maybe not, you may need it to be able to sit down and eat your cheeseburger. I think this is said by people who dont go out and buy cheeseburgers or by people who are in law enforcement and carry themselves. Do they say we dont need to carry because police are just so freaking handy?

Heres an example of how handy the police really are.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec0_1303444048

I see the employees are really handy also!:banghead:

heresolong

"The law of averages say the more unnecessary display of weapons, the more likely you are going to have a incident."

What? This guy obviously understands neither mathematics nor statistics.

OTOH, passage of this bill might be the first step towards overturning California's defacto ban on issuing concealed permits. The only reason it has stood up is that they have not technically prohibited carry, only concealed or loaded. As soon as this bill passes, it is impossible for the average citizen to carry a firearm at all. Watching carefully as this exact case works it's way through a couple other states.

Last edited:

amzbrady

From watching video's like this it's clear that we need a law requiring the registration and licensing of shoes worn my women like this.

[/sarcasm]

dont forget the regulation on shorts in direct porportion to the glutias maximus, and half shirts that make women look like a tube of bisquits that just popped open.

amlevin

dont forget the regulation on shorts in direct porportion to the glutias maximus, and half shirts that make women look like a tube of bisquits that just popped open.

Or the sweats that look like they're filled with Cottage Cheese.

On that note has anyone noticed the trend where women are wearing their pajama's to the store? Flannel "Jammies" complete with bedroom slippers.

Doesn't anyone ever get dressed anymore?

irfner

Campaign Veteran
"you dont need your gun to buy a cheeseburger".
That was the assumption at Luby's Cafateria and how did that turn out?
Same assumption at McDonalds same result, several times.
Same asumption at Denney's in Kent WA. same result.
Say maybe you do need your gun to buy a cheesburger.

sudden valley gunner

"you dont need your gun to buy a cheeseburger".
That was the assumption at Luby's Cafateria and how did that turn out?
Same assumption at McDonalds same result, several times.
Same asumption at Denney's in Kent WA. same result.
Say maybe you do need your gun to buy a cheesburger.

Maybe a gun carrier would have made a difference when 4 Lakewood cops were targeted and killed at a coffee shop.