Thread: Funny video

Funny video

I LOLed.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Wink

My glock's going to blow up in my hand? CRAP! I guess I'll leave it home today! :-p
    Last edited by Plankton; 04-23-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

XD45 Rocks!

I don't own a Glock but shot a police officer friends .40 Glock. I shot better than him! It's not a bad pistol ...

I agree with the guy with the tie. I love my Springfield XD-9 and XD-45.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

That sounds about right for a forum flame war between two 13 year olds.

Also, I love my glock. A friend has a .40 XD that I put some rounds through and the only thing I didn't like was that the trigger felt like I was pulling back on 50lbs before it snapped. Other than that it was a fine gun.

Either way - polymer striker-fired pistols are function before form any day. If it's beauty and function that I'm chasing I shoot my .44mag S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    That sounds about right for a forum flame war between two 13 year olds.

Also, I love my glock. A friend has a .40 XD that I put some rounds through and the only thing I didn't like was that the trigger felt like I was pulling back on 50lbs before it snapped. Other than that it was a fine gun.

Either way - polymer striker-fired pistols are function before form any day. If it's beauty and function that I'm chasing I shoot my .44mag S&W.
    I wonder if your friends XD-40 needs service. The Glock and XD both use nearly identical (or truly identical) trigger assemblies. I have fired both and cannot tell them apart - trigger wise. The ergonomics of hold are nearly identical as well, but the XD sports the grip safety (and the new XD-45 Police version sports a manual safety).

And yes, when I bring my 6-3/4 inch barrel .44 Caliber Magnum to the range, folks do notice. (But, ammo is cheaper for the 9mm than the .44 Magnum. Still it is a fun gun to shoot.)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    The Glock and XD both use nearly identical (or truly identical) trigger assemblies.
    Not even close. The Glock "safe-action" holds the striker in a partially cocked position prior to firing. Pulling the trigger completes the cocking action and releases the striker.

The Springfield XD "USA (Ultra Safety Assurance) action" holds the striker in a fully cocked position prior to firing. Pulling the trigger simply releases the striker. Hence the addition of the grip safety.

A more accurate comparison would be comparing a double action revolver trigger to a 1911. Although not a true comparison because a double action revolver has no "half cock" position, but the principle is the same. Pulling the trigger on the Glock performs two functions, completing the cocking action and releasing the striker, while pulling the XD trigger performs a single action by releasing the striker.

The only thing the two trigger assemblies have in common is a safety in the face of the trigger.

Jus' sayin'

I own two Glocks, and I look forward to owning an XD someday. They are both great. Get what feels most comfortable/what you like the best. Then we can all stop fighting and have a drink.

I have neither. I have a few SIGs and an FNP 45. I guess I suck
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson