• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny video

anmut

That sounds about right for a forum flame war between two 13 year olds.

Also, I love my glock. A friend has a .40 XD that I put some rounds through and the only thing I didn't like was that the trigger felt like I was pulling back on 50lbs before it snapped. Other than that it was a fine gun.

Either way - polymer striker-fired pistols are function before form any day. If it's beauty and function that I'm chasing I shoot my .44mag S&W.

jpm84092

That sounds about right for a forum flame war between two 13 year olds.

Also, I love my glock. A friend has a .40 XD that I put some rounds through and the only thing I didn't like was that the trigger felt like I was pulling back on 50lbs before it snapped. Other than that it was a fine gun.

Either way - polymer striker-fired pistols are function before form any day. If it's beauty and function that I'm chasing I shoot my .44mag S&W.

I wonder if your friends XD-40 needs service. The Glock and XD both use nearly identical (or truly identical) trigger assemblies. I have fired both and cannot tell them apart - trigger wise. The ergonomics of hold are nearly identical as well, but the XD sports the grip safety (and the new XD-45 Police version sports a manual safety).

And yes, when I bring my 6-3/4 inch barrel .44 Caliber Magnum to the range, folks do notice. (But, ammo is cheaper for the 9mm than the .44 Magnum. Still it is a fun gun to shoot.)

Archangel

The Glock and XD both use nearly identical (or truly identical) trigger assemblies.
Not even close. The Glock "safe-action" holds the striker in a partially cocked position prior to firing. Pulling the trigger completes the cocking action and releases the striker.

The Springfield XD "USA (Ultra Safety Assurance) action" holds the striker in a fully cocked position prior to firing. Pulling the trigger simply releases the striker. Hence the addition of the grip safety.

A more accurate comparison would be comparing a double action revolver trigger to a 1911. Although not a true comparison because a double action revolver has no "half cock" position, but the principle is the same. Pulling the trigger on the Glock performs two functions, completing the cocking action and releasing the striker, while pulling the XD trigger performs a single action by releasing the striker.

The only thing the two trigger assemblies have in common is a safety in the face of the trigger.

Jus' sayin'

TyGuy

I own two Glocks, and I look forward to owning an XD someday. They are both great. Get what feels most comfortable/what you like the best. Then we can all stop fighting and have a drink.

Zeus

I have neither. I have a few SIGs and an FNP 45. I guess I suck :(