• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Greet?

Ilikesa

So...we are meeting next Saturday at IHOP, then going shooting?

M-Taliesin, I see you live in Aurora. I'd love to get together sometime, and live in Englewood.

Going to C-Springs is an exception for me, because of the distance and cost of gas, but I want to meet ya'll as it's good to have friends who enjoy guns and carrying.

Last edited:

ZackL

As usual, it is a tentative yes for me. It all depends on how my schedule looks, and I won't know that until Friday. Hopefully I'll have a new gun in tow as well, but we shall see. If I don't make it, I hope you all have fun.

Also, I may just make the range time.

mahkagari

Howdy Amigo!
I've been somewhat distracted with the various demands of life in general. However, I was thinking about a weekend (probably a Saturday) sometime in June. I want to give sufficient advance notice before posting a date and time.

We can always do both. :)

I'd like to make the IHOP, but I'd planned to go to BRC for their public range day, I have a lodge brother's college graduation/homebrew party, and I'm performing with my Aztec dance troupe at Longmont's Cinco de Mayo.

ColoradoFlyer

Sorry, won't be able to make this one. I have to work this Saturday. I will be following up shortly and have one here in Castle Rock, probably May 21st. Village In or IHOP here in Castle Rock. Enjoy.

jskp229

I have been a member OCDO for quite a while & I'm thinking it is time I met some of you guys. I probably can't make IHOP, but plan on being at Dragon Man's. Look for the big guy, gray beard & black ball cap.

See you all Saturday.

John (jskp229)

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Pard!
I'd love to show up there and join you on the range.
I'm a bit confused though as to whether you're talking the 5th or 7th?
Is it still going to happen at IHOP?
This will be an OC meet-up?

Please respond so I can plan to visit the Springs.

Thanks,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

To avoid confusion by repetition, I'll just say "Change 1 is the latest change." I look forward to meeting you and the others at IHOP at 8:30 am on Satuday, May 7th!

Good Weather News: Sunny, highs 75 to 82, winds 10 mph or less.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Quick Questions!

To avoid confusion by repetition, I'll just say "Change 1 is the latest change." I look forward to meeting you and the others at IHOP at 8:30 am on Satuday, May 7th!

Good Weather News: Sunny, highs 75 to 82, winds 10 mph or less.

Howdy Pard!
Couple of quick questions about the range.
Is it an outdoor range? Do they sell ammo at the location?
Do the have ear protection available or do you gotta bring your own?
Is there a range facility for shotgun?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jskp229

Howdy Pard!
Couple of quick questions about the range.
Is it an outdoor range? Do they sell ammo at the location?
Do the have ear protection available or do you gotta bring your own?
Is there a range facility for shotgun?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M,

It's all outdoors. Multiple ranges,
#1 Range: 25'-50' For hand guns (I've seen shotguns here for patterning)
#2 Range: up to 100 yards
#3 Range: up to 220 yards for long range rifles

No clays. Ranges 1 & 2 are side by side. Range 3 is remoted.

Never asked about ear & ammo. You may want to give them a quick call.

Contact Information:
1200 Dragon Man Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80929
(719) 683-2200
www<DOT>dragonmans<DOT>com (Remove the <DOT> s)

Looking forward to meeting you.

John (jskp229)

M-Taliesin

They were selling ammo the last time I was there (Thanksgiving, 2010).

I'll bring some extra foam plugs for your. New ones, too!

Howdy Pard!
Thank you for that, but I visited the Bass Pro Shop here in the Denver area and got me some ammo yesterday. While there, bought the wife a new Walther 380 pistol that we'll be bringing for her to shoot. I got two ear protection headsets for free with my Bass Pro Rewards card. So we're all set.

It ain't yet 6:00am, and I've already regained consciousness. Fixing to hit the coffee urn and should be ready to take on nourishment by the time we make the trip to the Springs.

I expect to have the XDm .40 with me, along with the Judge and the wife's .38 S&W J-Frame plus the Walther. Ain't certain yet whether I'll be bringing the Ruger P94 .40 cal but would dearly love to bring along the Mossburg Maverick. Got that thing for Christmas and it ain't been fired yet. Hope to fix that situation today! The wife has never fired a 12 ga shotgun, and I think it would be a great experience for her.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll, and hope we have a few folks make it out today.

Thanks for hosting this shindig!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
Success!

Beau was the first to arrive at IHOP, kids in tow, at 8:30. I arrived a few minutes later, thinking it would just be the two of us, plus kiddlies.

Instead of telling everyone's story, I'll simply upload the pics and let you chime in. :D

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Our Day with Great Guys!

Howdy Folks!
Well, we had ourselves a ball yesterday and met some really great guys. I enjoyed their company very much indeed... once we finally got there, that is.

We started out from Aurora with a tank of gas (had to take out a second mortgage) and headed down 225 toward the south. My wife and I chatted about the new Walther PK 380 I bought her the day before as we drove down and why I felt an automatic pistol was better than a revolver for her. She really likes her little S&W J-Frame, so she was puzzled about why I felt the .380 was a better pistol for carry.

Anyhow, we plugged in the address of the IHOP in Colorado Springs and headed down. For reasons known only to the Lords of GPS, the darn thing took us on a scenic tour of the Springs and guided us through a circuitous route that rendered us tardy reaching the meet. We did get that nice view of the statue of General Palmer situated smack in the middle of the intersection at Platte and Nevada.

When we got there, Since9 and Beau were already there along with Beau's kids. They were great kids too, and well behaved. Shortly after my wife and I arrived, Ilikesa came along and joined us. What a terrific fellow he turned out to be too!

Now I gotta tell ya folks, this medium of the internet is great, but you don't get much sense of the real people behind the monikers. As we sat chatting merrily at the IHOP, I got to enjoy these guys as the gentlemen they are as we shared stories over breakfast. And you know... breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

We had plans to visit the range, and left IHOP with the idea we'd be following Since9. He turned onto Chelton with me behind him when I noticed nobody was following. I glanced back to see that either Beau (who wasn't going to join us at the range anyhow) and Ilikesa were still in the IHOP parking lot with their hoods up! I swung myself around to see if I could help.

Once we got the problem resolved, Ilikesa said he would lead the way to the range and I felt relieved because I had no idea where Dragonman's was. He led out and I managed to lose track of him and soon decided I was lost. Fortunately enough, I had my Android along and was able to access this thread on the forum and find the address in one of the posts. I loaded the address into Google Maps (also on the android) and were soon on our way east. I was a bit surprised how far out of town the range was situated. I figure a couple of blocks further and they'd have a Kansas zip code!!!

We had a ball on the range, and my wife had her opportunity to fire the new Walther
PK.380. She really likes this new weapon. Ilikesa gave me the opportunity to fire his 1911, which is the first time I have fired a 1911. He also let me shoot his .357. I let him shoot my Judge. There were some really nice young guys from Fort Carson to our right, and I enjoyed chatting with them during "cease fire" periods.

jskp229 (John) showed up at the range and I met him only briefly but he was a real nice fellow too. We were so focused on our shooting that I really missed the opportunity to chat very much with him. Hope next time around, we have more time to spend getting to know him.

All in all, except for my own personal navigation issues, we had a wonderful day and met some terrific people. I also had my Mossburg Maverick 12ga and got to fire that as well. We enjoyed shooting, and the company of our forum friends on a really beautiful day in Colorado.

I hope we can do this again real soon, and will continue working on something up around the Aurora area for June. Hope we can meet more of our fine forum folk!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

ZackL

I really wish I could have made it guys. I'm glad it was fun for all who did make it though and hopefully I will be able to make the meet in June.