• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you prepared?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Just a quick thought after the storms.

Do you have your serial numbers of your firearms somewhere other than on the arms themselves?

I do for this very reason.

I printed them out and laminated four cards and have them in different locations. My original thought was theft but I think this is another very good example of why you might want the info in a safe deposit box.

Food for thought.

kcgunfan

Written down and stored in the safe and on my computer (backed up on the Internet.) I would certainly want those for insurance claims if one were to go missing.