• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i guess you can't film the police?

hermannr

Does the same thing in Calif. Now he is in LV, so he does it again...but he is still working in LV...the guy should be banned for life from Law Enforcement.

eye95

I think the actions of the officer in this case were criminal. I hope he does a good amount of felony time.

ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Stainless1911 was correct to remove his original post and no one should have commented on it further. We do not condone not allow such discussions here.

Last edited:

Deanimator

I think the actions of the officer in this case were criminal. I hope he does a good amount of felony time.
And if he's represented by the FOP, they will do everything humanly possible to see that that doesn't happen. Remember, they're the guys who went on nationwide radio to declare that convicted wife beaters should be allowed to own and carry guns... but only if they're cops.

zack991

I hope more departments start doing or do more physic eval on anyone they are wanting to hire or have hired.

Last edited:

usamarshal

http://www.lvrj.com/news/las-vegas-...ing-case-120549589.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

Looks like the charges were dropped and the officer suspended. The victim will be making a killing off this...as well he should. Hopefully the officer will be charged with assault. Still can't get my head around beating the hell out of someone with a camera in there own driveway...haha...The officer didn't even check his ID or anything.

HandyHamlet

The officer is on PAID vacation till things die down. He will be vindicated, his actions declared justified, he will be reinstated. The city will drag it's feet then settle without admission of guilt.

Repeat.

Welcome to the world of photography gentlemen.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Stainless1911 was correct to remove his original post and no one should have commented on it further. We do not condone not allow such discussions here.

usamarshal

The officer is on PAID vacation till things die down. He will be vindicated, his actions declared justified, he will be reinstated. The city will drag it's feet then settle without admission of guilt.

Repeat.

Welcome to the world of photography gentlemen.

Gotta love the fop and/or gov't...whats the definition of insanity again?

eye95

Last edited:

eye95

http://www.lvrj.com/news/las-vegas-...ing-case-120549589.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

Looks like the charges were dropped and the officer suspended. The victim will be making a killing off this...as well he should. Hopefully the officer will be charged with assault. Still can't get my head around beating the hell out of someone with a camera in there own driveway...haha...The officer didn't even check his ID or anything.

I personally witnessed today the attitude of an officer that leads to this kind of garbage. He was basically being called to account for how he treated an OCer, his wife, and two small children. Present were the IA detective, the three officers present at the stop, the carrier, his family, and six members of ALOC (including me). The IA detective was appropriately indignant at the actions of the officers, but I thought he could have gone farther in his promises about what his officers will no longer do. The sergeant, first on the scene with his rifle at the ready, was ignorant at the time, but came off as willing to learn and change. One of the young officers was silent. He was listening and keeping his young and foolish yap shut, a wise move.

One of the officers was defensive and actually tried to cross-examine the wronged carrier. He is the kind of officer that I fear will someday use physical force to enforce what he believes he should be able to enforce as a LEO.

The IA detective snapped his finger, and the young officer shut up. It was astounding to watch. The young officer started in a few minutes later, was sent to another room with the sergeant. The IA detective followed shortly. After a while, the detective brought the carrier and his wife in. I expect the officer was appropriately apologetic. I wasn't in that room, so I don't know, and I didn't ask.

Like I said, I worry about what that officer will do someday.

hammer6